Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jan 13, 2011
9:34:18 AM
Question to AT&T about the early adopters of the Galaxy S line

We were promised a phone that works without randomly shutting down, a phone with a working GPS, a phone with working email, a phone with an upgradeable OS... Should I continue? What I received along with countless other people is a $200 paper weight that I can try to use the social GPS features, try to reply to and email, try and wake up the phone rather than restart the phone.

Yes, these are all hardware/software issues beyond the control of AT&T. But, there AT&T can still use their leverage to try and right these wrongs.  Afterall, it is your (their) reputation at hand. Is there going to be anything done for us who have jumped on the Galaxy S bandwagon as early adopters (got mine on launch day). Is there going to be anything done for us since it's extremely obvious that there is nothing being done for us? (Yes, there was the "non-existent" internal memo regarding the random shutdowns and the mandatory swaps if the problem phone fell into a certain range) But even still, it didn't fix GPS, it didn't fix email and didn't fix the OS issues.

I guess I just have to dump $600 bucks for the Infuse when it comes out... Heck with that, I'll get one of Ebay so AT&T doesn't get the benefit of my money.

We were promised a phone that works without randomly shutting down, a phone with a working GPS, a phone with working email, a phone with an upgradeable OS... Should I continue? What I received along with countless other people is a $200 paper weight that I can try to use the social GPS features, try to reply to and email, try and wake up the phone rather than restart the phone.

Yes, these are all hardware/software issues beyond the control of AT&T. But, there AT&T can still use their leverage to try and right these wrongs.  Afterall, it is your (their) reputation at hand. Is there going to be anything done for us who have jumped on the Galaxy S bandwagon as early adopters (got mine on launch day). Is there going to be anything done for us since it's extremely obvious that there is nothing being done for us? (Yes, there was the "non-existent" internal memo regarding the random shutdowns and the mandatory swaps if the problem phone fell into a certain range) But even still, it didn't fix GPS, it didn't fix email and didn't fix the OS issues.

I guess I just have to dump $600 bucks for the Infuse when it comes out... Heck with that, I'll get one of Ebay so AT&T doesn't get the benefit of my money.

Question to AT&T about the early adopters of the Galaxy S line

0 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments