Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 4, 2011
7:33:57 PM
View profile
Question on upgrade options-from the AT&T site
Edited by trlyka on Oct 4, 2011 at 7:41:57 PM

I have 4 iPhones on my account. 2 lines have 3GS and 2 lines have the 4. We (my husband and I) usually use 2 upgrades a year and get 2 new iPhones and pass along the models we have to our Moms.

So I went to the AT&T site to check to see which phone is eligible for the upgrade at the discount rate for a new iPhone. It's not super clear to me what the site is saying.

The 1 3GS and the 2 iPhone 4's say this: 'You're eligible for an upgrade at a discounted price.'

The other 3GS says: 'As a valued AT&T customer, you're eligible for a discounted iPhone upgrade at a reduced discount, along with a 2-year service commitment.'

So what is the difference between the 2 statements? Is the 2nd statement saying that I would get the contract price for a new iPhone like I did in the past with paying $200 for the phone?

Thanks

**I forgot to add that the last time I was on the AT&T site checking eligibility (about a week ago), I did get a date on each phone for when it could be upgraded. Now all I get is what I put on this post in bold and no date. Is there another place I should be looking to see the date again? Or did AT&T change the site and get more vague so I'm forced to call and ask?

I have 4 iPhones on my account. 2 lines have 3GS and 2 lines have the 4. We (my husband and I) usually use 2 upgrades a year and get 2 new iPhones and pass along the models we have to our Moms.

So I went to the AT&T site to check to see which phone is eligible for the upgrade at the discount rate for a new iPhone. It's not super clear to me what the site is saying.

The 1 3GS and the 2 iPhone 4's say this: 'You're eligible for an upgrade at a discounted price.'

The other 3GS says: 'As a valued AT&T customer, you're eligible for a discounted iPhone upgrade at a reduced discount, along with a 2-year service commitment.'

So what is the difference between the 2 statements? Is the 2nd statement saying that I would get the contract price for a new iPhone like I did in the past with paying $200 for the phone?

Thanks

**I forgot to add that the last time I was on the AT&T site checking eligibility (about a week ago), I did get a date on each phone for when it could be upgraded. Now all I get is what I put on this post in bold and no date. Is there another place I should be looking to see the date again? Or did AT&T change the site and get more vague so I'm forced to call and ask?

Question on upgrade options-from the AT&T site

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 8:10:52 AM
(0)
Tutor

trlyka wrote:

The reduced discount, at least for me, means that you don't get the phone for $199. You have to pay an extra $250 on top of that. That's what it shows for me right now. I'm eligible for the full discount on 11/18.

trlyka wrote:

The reduced discount, at least for me, means that you don't get the phone for $199. You have to pay an extra $250 on top of that. That's what it shows for me right now. I'm eligible for the full discount on 11/18.

Re: Question on upgrade options-from the AT&T site

2 of 3 (654 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 9:34:53 AM
(0)
Scholar

jaredhump wrote:

trlyka wrote:

Ok, I'll have to call and see what's up. I don't understand why I don't see any dates when it was there before. Kind of annoying, ya know?

jaredhump wrote:

trlyka wrote:

Ok, I'll have to call and see what's up. I don't understand why I don't see any dates when it was there before. Kind of annoying, ya know?

Re: Question on upgrade options-from the AT&T site

3 of 3 (641 Views)