Question on upgrade options-from the AT&T site

Scholar

Question on upgrade options-from the AT&T site

I have 4 iPhones on my account. 2 lines have 3GS and 2 lines have the 4. We (my husband and I) usually use 2 upgrades a year and get 2 new iPhones and pass along the models we have to our Moms.

So I went to the AT&T site to check to see which phone is eligible for the upgrade at the discount rate for a new iPhone. It's not super clear to me what the site is saying.

The 1 3GS and the 2 iPhone 4's say this: 'You're eligible for an upgrade at a discounted price.'

The other 3GS says: 'As a valued AT&T customer, you're eligible for a discounted iPhone upgrade at a reduced discount, along with a 2-year service commitment.'

So what is the difference between the 2 statements? Is the 2nd statement saying that I would get the contract price for a new iPhone like I did in the past with paying $200 for the phone?

Thanks

**I forgot to add that the last time I was on the AT&T site checking eligibility (about a week ago), I did get a date on each phone for when it could be upgraded. Now all I get is what I put on this post in bold and no date. Is there another place I should be looking to see the date again? Or did AT&T change the site and get more vague so I'm forced to call and ask?

Message 1 of 3
Tutor

Re: Question on upgrade options-from the AT&T site

trlyka wrote:

The other 3GS says: 'As a valued AT&T customer, you're eligible for a discounted iPhone upgrade at a reduced discount, along with a 2-year service commitment.'

So what is the difference between the 2 statements? Is the 2nd statement saying that I would get the contract price for a new iPhone like I did in the past with paying $200 for the phone? 

The reduced discount, at least for me, means that you don't get the phone for $199. You have to pay an extra $250 on top of that. That's what it shows for me right now. I'm eligible for the full discount on 11/18.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Question on upgrade options-from the AT&T site

jaredhump wrote:

trlyka wrote:

The reduced discount, at least for me, means that you don't get the phone for $199. You have to pay an extra $250 on top of that. That's what it shows for me right now. I'm eligible for the full discount on 11/18.

Ok, I'll have to call and see what's up. I don't understand why I don't see any dates when it was there before. Kind of annoying, ya know?

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support