Question for someone

Contributor

Question for someone

Hello,

I currently live in the UK, and will be travelling back to the States for a week to visit friends and family.  I will be staying with my brother, who does not have a landline, so I will need to purchase a prepaid sim for the week that I am there so people can get in touch with me.  I have an unlocked iPhone 4, which is the phone I will be using.  Is it possible for me to just buy a sim card for my phone and choose which type of plan I want?  Also, which would be better for the length of time I am in the states, the $2/day or the $0.10/minute plan.  advantages/disadvantages of each?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
Scholar

Re: Question for someone

Jayme_JF wrote:

Hello,

I currently live in the UK, and will be travelling back to the States for a week to visit friends and family.  I will be staying with my brother, who does not have a landline, so I will need to purchase a prepaid sim for the week that I am there so people can get in touch with me.  I have an unlocked iPhone 4, which is the phone I will be using.  Is it possible for me to just buy a sim card for my phone and choose which type of plan I want?  Also, which would be better for the length of time I am in the states, the $2/day or the $0.10/minute plan.  advantages/disadvantages of each?

Thanks

In your case, I'd go with the $2 per day. The minimum refill is $15 and if you're only going to be here a week, there's no sense in trying to make that load last. With the $2/day plan, you don't have to worry about how many calls you make or how many messages you send.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Master

Re: Question for someone

Yes, this is possible, as long as you're certain that your iPhone is unlocked. You can just purchase a prepaid SIM card, activate it, then choose a rate plan. The $2 per day plan also sounds good to me - it'll cover your needs during your stay. Fairly cheap, too. EDIT: Make sure that you buy a prepaid microSIM. Standard sized SIM cards will not fit into the iPhone 4's SIM slot if you didn't already know. I've seen prepaid microSIMs available for sale on eBay.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support