Helpful Links

Question about wi-fi

Scholar

Question about wi-fi

Does sending a picture when connected to wifi count against my data usage. I thought that anything done on wifi did not count against my data usage, but my MIL says differently. So anyone know?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Master

Re: Question about wi-fi

I guess that would depend upon how you send it.  If you send it via email when connected to wifi, it will use wifi, and not cellular data.  f you send it via MMS, it will not use wifi, and will use the cellular network, but I believe that this is a special case, and it will count as an MMS/SMS message and not data usage.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Guru

Pics sent as an MMS don't count against your data use.
Message 3 of 5

if you are in a wifi area you dont even need a data package to use your data, so anything you do in wifi area is completly free from data use. except phone calls.

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Master

WhiteTiger686 wrote:

if you are in a wifi area you dont even need a data package to use your data, so anything you do in wifi area is completly free from data use. except phone calls.

I believe you are slightly mistaken.  I believe you need a cellular data connection in order to use Visual Voice Mail, and to send/receive MMS messages.  The MMS messages do not go against your data plan, but you need the cellular connection.  I also think there is something else that requires cellular data to work right, even if you are on wifi, but I can't remember exactly what it is.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support