Question about upgrading early...

Teacher

Question about upgrading early...

I'm eligible for an upgrade on 3/18. I called AT&T customer service and they said they could authorize my upgrade early...but only if I bought directly from them over the phone right that second. My question is, if I go to a store, would they be able to do the same? (i.e. Offer me the upgrade 2.5~ weeks early if I bought it from them right there)

More specifically, would Best Buy be able to do it? I have a pre-paid AmEx card that I can only use at select retailers, unfortunately AT&T isn't one of them, but Best Buy is. If I have to wait till 3/18 not a big deal as it is close, but if I can upgrade sooner that would be great.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (638 Views)
Expert

Re: Question about upgrading early...

mmg1590 wrote:

I'm eligible for an upgrade on 3/18. I called AT&T customer service and they said they could authorize my upgrade early...but only if I bought directly from them over the phone right that second. My question is, if I go to a store, would they be able to do the same? (i.e. Offer me the upgrade 2.5~ weeks early if I bought it from them right there)

More specifically, would Best Buy be able to do it? I have a pre-paid AmEx card that I can only use at select retailers, unfortunately AT&T isn't one of them, but Best Buy is. If I have to wait till 3/18 not a big deal as it is close, but if I can upgrade sooner that would be great.

Thanks!

wait until tomorrow 03/01 check your upgrade datae, recently att has been moving the upgrade data for anyone in that month to the 1st of the month their upgrade occurs in

Message 2 of 3 (617 Views)
Professor

Re: Question about upgrading early...

Wingrider01 is correct.

Yesterday my elegibility check said it was on 3/24. Today when I check, I'm elegible.

Message 3 of 3 (591 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.