Question about upgrading early...

Teacher

Question about upgrading early...

I'm eligible for an upgrade on 3/18. I called AT&T customer service and they said they could authorize my upgrade early...but only if I bought directly from them over the phone right that second. My question is, if I go to a store, would they be able to do the same? (i.e. Offer me the upgrade 2.5~ weeks early if I bought it from them right there)

More specifically, would Best Buy be able to do it? I have a pre-paid AmEx card that I can only use at select retailers, unfortunately AT&T isn't one of them, but Best Buy is. If I have to wait till 3/18 not a big deal as it is close, but if I can upgrade sooner that would be great.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
Expert

Re: Question about upgrading early...

mmg1590 wrote:

I'm eligible for an upgrade on 3/18. I called AT&T customer service and they said they could authorize my upgrade early...but only if I bought directly from them over the phone right that second. My question is, if I go to a store, would they be able to do the same? (i.e. Offer me the upgrade 2.5~ weeks early if I bought it from them right there)

More specifically, would Best Buy be able to do it? I have a pre-paid AmEx card that I can only use at select retailers, unfortunately AT&T isn't one of them, but Best Buy is. If I have to wait till 3/18 not a big deal as it is close, but if I can upgrade sooner that would be great.

Thanks!

wait until tomorrow 03/01 check your upgrade datae, recently att has been moving the upgrade data for anyone in that month to the 1st of the month their upgrade occurs in

Message 2 of 3
Professor

Re: Question about upgrading early...

Wingrider01 is correct.

Yesterday my elegibility check said it was on 3/24. Today when I check, I'm elegible.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support