Question about shipping email

Tutor

Question about shipping email

Hi guys! So I got my shipping email late last night. In the email they tell you the steps that you must follow in order. Step 4 talks about syncing your phone but if we are coming from an older iPhone will that move over all of my apps? Or do I really need to be doing a restore from backup instead????

Clueless since this is my first time moving to a newer iPhone.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 5 (268 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Question about shipping email

Message 2 of 5 (262 Views)
Scholar

FSUSammy wrote:
Hi guys! So I got my shipping email late last night. In the email they tell you the steps that you must follow in order. Step 4 talks about syncing your phone but if we are coming from an older iPhone will that move over all of my apps? Or do I really need to be doing a restore from backup instead????

Clueless since this is my first time moving to a newer iPhone.

Thanks!

You need to:

1) update iTunes now.

2) update the OS on your current iPhone to iOS 5 (folks are conflicted about this, but the guidance from Apple is clear on the subject)

3) Backup your current phone (right click the phone in iTunes and select backup)

All of your apps are maintained in local copy form on your computer as well as on your phone. When you restore, it should copy over all of your apps (as well as your current settings, contacts, photos, etc.)

Message 3 of 5 (251 Views)
Tutor

Thanks I was pretty sure those were the steps I needed to do but AT&T's email totally made me doubt myself Smiley Happy I'll attempt to tackle the iOS5 update tonight
Message 4 of 5 (234 Views)
Scholar

No problem. You'll like iOS 5. It's pretty cool. Best of luck!

Message 5 of 5 (201 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.