Wireless Forums

Posted Oct 13, 2011
10:51:41 AM
Question about shipping email
Hi guys! So I got my shipping email late last night. In the email they tell you the steps that you must follow in order. Step 4 talks about syncing your phone but if we are coming from an older iPhone will that move over all of my apps? Or do I really need to be doing a restore from backup instead????

Clueless since this is my first time moving to a newer iPhone.

Thanks!
Hi guys! So I got my shipping email late last night. In the email they tell you the steps that you must follow in order. Step 4 talks about syncing your phone but if we are coming from an older iPhone will that move over all of my apps? Or do I really need to be doing a restore from backup instead????

Thanks!

Question about shipping email

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 10:59:32 AM
(0)
Scholar

Re: Question about shipping email

2 of 5 (227 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 11:03:25 AM
(0)
Scholar

FSUSammy wrote:

Thanks!

You need to:

1) update iTunes now.

2) update the OS on your current iPhone to iOS 5 (folks are conflicted about this, but the guidance from Apple is clear on the subject)

3) Backup your current phone (right click the phone in iTunes and select backup)

All of your apps are maintained in local copy form on your computer as well as on your phone. When you restore, it should copy over all of your apps (as well as your current settings, contacts, photos, etc.)

FSUSammy wrote:

Thanks!

You need to:

1) update iTunes now.

2) update the OS on your current iPhone to iOS 5 (folks are conflicted about this, but the guidance from Apple is clear on the subject)

3) Backup your current phone (right click the phone in iTunes and select backup)

All of your apps are maintained in local copy form on your computer as well as on your phone. When you restore, it should copy over all of your apps (as well as your current settings, contacts, photos, etc.)

3 of 5 (216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 11:10:55 AM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks I was pretty sure those were the steps I needed to do but AT&T's email totally made me doubt myself :smileyhappy: I'll attempt to tackle the iOS5 update tonight
Thanks I was pretty sure those were the steps I needed to do but AT&T's email totally made me doubt myself :smileyhappy: I'll attempt to tackle the iOS5 update tonight

4 of 5 (199 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 11:48:59 AM
(0)
Scholar

No problem. You'll like iOS 5. It's pretty cool. Best of luck!

No problem. You'll like iOS 5. It's pretty cool. Best of luck!

5 of 5 (166 Views)