Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 16, 2011
10:03:42 PM
View profile
Question about insurance claim for iphone 4s

I bought my iphone 4s last Friday.  I also enrolled in the insurance plan that covers lost/damage ($6.99/month).  Earlier this afternoon, my son threw my phone in the toilet and I didn't discover it until a few hours later.  I saw some posts recommended to put the phone in a rice bag.  I did that.  Will wait and see if that will rescue it.  I saw waters inside the glass and no power.

my question:

if my phone is dead/damage, can I claim on insurance and get a replacement?  I think someone will buy back my dead phone for maybe $100 so they can use it for parts.  Or I'll have to ship back the dead phone to ATT after I received my replacement?

I bought my iphone 4s last Friday.  I also enrolled in the insurance plan that covers lost/damage ($6.99/month).  Earlier this afternoon, my son threw my phone in the toilet and I didn't discover it until a few hours later.  I saw some posts recommended to put the phone in a rice bag.  I did that.  Will wait and see if that will rescue it.  I saw waters inside the glass and no power.

my question:

if my phone is dead/damage, can I claim on insurance and get a replacement?  I think someone will buy back my dead phone for maybe $100 so they can use it for parts.  Or I'll have to ship back the dead phone to ATT after I received my replacement?

Question about insurance claim for iphone 4s

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 5:10:54 AM
(0)
Master
You will need to ship the phone back.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
You will need to ship the phone back.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Question about insurance claim for iphone 4s

2 of 7 (17,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 6:58:25 AM
(0)
Scholar

sqa4life wrote:

my question:

You should be able to file a claim and get a replacement, BUT ...

Per the fine print, the replacement can be either a new OR refusbished phone (at their option) and you have to pay a deductible. In the case of iPhones, that deductible is ... $199.

sqa4life wrote:

my question:

You should be able to file a claim and get a replacement, BUT ...

Per the fine print, the replacement can be either a new OR refusbished phone (at their option) and you have to pay a deductible. In the case of iPhones, that deductible is ... $199.

3 of 7 (17,063 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 7:20:37 AM
(0)
Tutor

Since Apple will do an "out of warranty repair" (i.e, replacement with a refurb) for $199, it is not clear to me that this insurance plan has much value.

Since Apple will do an "out of warranty repair" (i.e, replacement with a refurb) for $199, it is not clear to me that this insurance plan has much value.

4 of 7 (17,049 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 8:04:07 AM
(0)
Teacher

ah, I didn't know about the "Apple will do an "out of warranty repair""  Do I have to enroll in the apple care plan?

If that is true, I'll cancel the insurance with att.

ah, I didn't know about the "Apple will do an "out of warranty repair""  Do I have to enroll in the apple care plan?

If that is true, I'll cancel the insurance with att.

5 of 7 (17,028 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 8:35:59 AM
(0)
Tutor

You do not have to enroll in Applecare. The costs are here.  

You do not have to enroll in Applecare. The costs are here.  

6 of 7 (17,011 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 10:02:17 AM
(0)
Scholar

chazas wrote:

I'm honestly not seeing where it has any value, at all.

chazas wrote:

I'm honestly not seeing where it has any value, at all.

7 of 7 (16,989 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments