Question about iPhone 5 release (?)

Teacher

Question about iPhone 5 release (?)

I'm currently on a 2 yr contract (just started) and I have a LG Thrill 3d phone. I have until October 13th to exchange it for another phone. If the iPHone 5 is announced tomorrow, but isn't released tomorrow... could I be able to exchange my phone for one? What if it's a little over my deadline date.. like a few days? 

Message 1 of 5 (1,067 Views)
Master

Re: Question about iPhone 5 release (?)

azzaprob wrote:

I'm currently on a 2 yr contract (just started) and I have a LG Thrill 3d phone. I have until October 13th to exchange it for another phone. If the iPHone 5 is announced tomorrow, but isn't released tomorrow... Could I be able to exchange my phone for one? What if it's a little over my deadline date.. Like a few days? 

You may be out of luck!  Did you just come to ATT or do you have an old phone you can swap back to?  If you can, return your phone and use an old one then buy the iPhone.  There are no guarantees that you will be allowed to swap for an iPhone if your 30 days has passed.  More to the point, I would be extremely surprised if you could.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 5 (1,064 Views)
Teacher

Yes, i was on at&t before using an old motorola razor flip phone. However its a family plan.. so I can't really undo the whole thing and go back to the whole plan without effecting the other phones on the account.
Message 3 of 5 (1,057 Views)
Master

you should be able to return your phone.  use your old one.  Have them reset your upgrade eligiblity status.  Since you will now have a line that did not recieve hardware at a discounted price you will be eligible for an upgrade without affecting the others.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 4 of 5 (1,045 Views)
Teacher

SGS2:iPhone as reddit:digg
/troll
Message 5 of 5 (1,041 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.