Wireless Forums

Posted Jun 4, 2012
9:51:48 PM
Question about grandfathered data plan

ok i have the old unlimited data plan, my question is, is it 3 gb of data (before throttle) on the older 3g phones and if i upgrade to a 4g lte phone its 5 gb of data (before they start to throttle), or is it just 3 gb (then throttle) no matter what ? thank you in advance anyone who can clear this up for me

ok i have the old unlimited data plan, my question is, is it 3 gb of data (before throttle) on the older 3g phones and if i upgrade to a 4g lte phone its 5 gb of data (before they start to throttle), or is it just 3 gb (then throttle) no matter what ? thank you in advance anyone who can clear this up for me

Question about grandfathered data plan

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2012 10:56:50 PM
(0)
Tutor

JohnDocHolliday wrote:

the reason im asking is because im looking to upgrade to the new samsung galaxy s3 at the end of the month, but now i just read that AT&T will only let you keep your grandfathered unlimited data plan if you upgrade to the iphone (link at the bottom), but if you upgrade to anyother 4g lte phone you will have to change your plan. Does anyone know if theres any truth to this ???

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/05/23/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-u-s-carrier-showdown/

JohnDocHolliday wrote:

the reason im asking is because im looking to upgrade to the new samsung galaxy s3 at the end of the month, but now i just read that AT&T will only let you keep your grandfathered unlimited data plan if you upgrade to the iphone (link at the bottom), but if you upgrade to anyother 4g lte phone you will have to change your plan. Does anyone know if theres any truth to this ???

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/05/23/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-u-s-carrier-showdown/

Re: Question about grandfathered data plan

2 of 5 (10,110 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2012 5:56:06 PM
(0)
Scholar

Completely NOT TRUE.  I have upgraded to a 4G LTE smartphone and retained my unlimited data plan.  As long as its the grandfathered plan and its for smartphones then your fine.  

It should always carry over no matter what, unless AT&T pulls it, which they CURRENTLY HAVE NOT.  

Completely NOT TRUE.  I have upgraded to a 4G LTE smartphone and retained my unlimited data plan.  As long as its the grandfathered plan and its for smartphones then your fine.  

It should always carry over no matter what, unless AT&T pulls it, which they CURRENTLY HAVE NOT.  

3 of 5 (10,067 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2012 7:31:09 PM
(0)
Tutor

MJB0188 wrote:

now do you get 3gb's of data then throttled or 5 gb's of data then get throttled?

MJB0188 wrote:

now do you get 3gb's of data then throttled or 5 gb's of data then get throttled?

4 of 5 (10,062 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2012 3:40:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

JohnDocHolliday wrote:

MJB0188 wrote:

i preordered and i get 5gb of data then throttled, thank u mjb for replying

JohnDocHolliday wrote:

MJB0188 wrote:

i preordered and i get 5gb of data then throttled, thank u mjb for replying

5 of 5 (10,033 Views)