Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 11, 2010
9:29:15 PM
View profile
Question about data plan
Supposed I am having an iphone 3gs with a data plan. If I use my sim to another smartphone (not an iphone), will the data plan still work on the new phone? Will at&t charge me additional fees for using internet on the new phone?
Supposed I am having an iphone 3gs with a data plan. If I use my sim to another smartphone (not an iphone), will the data plan still work on the new phone? Will at&t charge me additional fees for using internet on the new phone?

Question about data plan

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2010 11:31:41 PM
(0)
Master
The IPhone data plan is only compatible with the IPhone, so if you want to use a different phone, then you should switch to a data plan that is compatible with that phone.
The IPhone data plan is only compatible with the IPhone, so if you want to use a different phone, then you should switch to a data plan that is compatible with that phone.

Re: Question about data plan

2 of 3 (131 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2010 5:03:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

anhtutruong wrote:

No - you won't be charged additionally for using the SIM in another smartphone - all the smartphone data plan prices are $30/month, regardless of type of smartphone you have.

As Athena stated, if you want to change phones on a longer term basis, you should update the data plan to the appropriate one for your other smartphone once you begin using it.  But if you mean you just want to periodically move the SIM to another phone for brief periods of time there is no need to do so.  Visual voice mail won't work with the other smartphone, but AFAIK that's the only thing that won't function as normal. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

anhtutruong wrote:

No - you won't be charged additionally for using the SIM in another smartphone - all the smartphone data plan prices are $30/month, regardless of type of smartphone you have.

As Athena stated, if you want to change phones on a longer term basis, you should update the data plan to the appropriate one for your other smartphone once you begin using it.  But if you mean you just want to periodically move the SIM to another phone for brief periods of time there is no need to do so.  Visual voice mail won't work with the other smartphone, but AFAIK that's the only thing that won't function as normal. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Question about data plan

3 of 3 (119 Views)