Question about background apps

Scholar

Question about background apps

Greeting all.  So far I've had my atrix for 24 hours and I love it.  I currently looking for a case for it since the ATT store only had the $50 case.  I've download a few apps and some games so I'm doing good so far.   I do have a couple of questions though.  I've got the app Task Killer and when I go into it there are programs running that I didn't start.  Like ATT Navigator; which I don't use and never tried to use.  I ended the task and the GPS thingy is turned off so I'm a little confused.  I don't want the "push" applications I guess they're called working unless I touch them.  Suggestions?

Message 1 of 18 (745 Views)
Professor

Re: Question about background apps

do you have DSL service in your home? Are you utilizing wi-fi at home so to get the full usage of your device data service?
Message 16 of 18 (523 Views)
Scholar

Yeah I use WiFi at the house quite a bit...if I could remember the password to the one at work I'd use it at work too.

Message 17 of 18 (518 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Yep, just before the recent updates in our area I was on Edge and used wifi extensively. Now theres faster service in the area but I still use wifi to cut the amount of actual data pushed via att.

I dont tap into work, just because I just dont. Funny thing jappened locally. A guy tapped intohis companys wifi while on his personal laptop. Needless to say.. All the joocy sites he visited got captured and logged....lol..it was funny.
Message 18 of 18 (515 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.