Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 9, 2011
2:11:45 PM
View profile
Question about SIM Card

Hey everyone,

I haven't used my go phone since March which is also when I was suppose to refill my account but didn't. I'm taking a trip in a couple weeks and would like to use my go phone again my question is, I'm buying a new phone but can I use the SIM card I was using before? Or am I going to have to buy a new one? I haven't gotten a straight answer, some people say just call customer service and they'll reactivate you sim and some say you will have to get a new SIM and pay for some kind of reactivation fee...Can someone please tell me which one of these are correct? Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone,

I haven't used my go phone since March which is also when I was suppose to refill my account but didn't. I'm taking a trip in a couple weeks and would like to use my go phone again my question is, I'm buying a new phone but can I use the SIM card I was using before? Or am I going to have to buy a new one? I haven't gotten a straight answer, some people say just call customer service and they'll reactivate you sim and some say you will have to get a new SIM and pay for some kind of reactivation fee...Can someone please tell me which one of these are correct? Thanks in advance!

Question about SIM Card

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 3:10:22 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by hnzw_rui on Nov 9, 2011 at 3:11:54 PM

They'll give you a new SIM card with a new number. AT&T doesn't really reactivate deactivated GoPhone SIM cards. There shouldn't be a reactivation fee, either. The reactivation stuff only applies to postpaid users.

They'll give you a new SIM card with a new number. AT&T doesn't really reactivate deactivated GoPhone SIM cards. There shouldn't be a reactivation fee, either. The reactivation stuff only applies to postpaid users.

Re: Question about SIM Card

[ Edited ]
2 of 11 (272 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 3:34:27 PM
(0)
Master
That's right. You will have to get a new SIM card to use with your phone as your other one has been deactivated and is no longer usable.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

That's right. You will have to get a new SIM card to use with your phone as your other one has been deactivated and is no longer usable.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

3 of 11 (266 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 4:29:20 PM
(0)
Tutor

Alrighty thank you, the only other question I have is if I go to the at&t store will they give me a sim card? My friend who is a contract costumer says that you go down there and they'll give you one but since she's a contract costumer I'm not sure if it'll work the same way. So am I going to have to pay or will they just give me a new one free of charge?

Alrighty thank you, the only other question I have is if I go to the at&t store will they give me a sim card? My friend who is a contract costumer says that you go down there and they'll give you one but since she's a contract costumer I'm not sure if it'll work the same way. So am I going to have to pay or will they just give me a new one free of charge?

4 of 11 (261 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 4:46:48 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Nov 9, 2011 at 4:47:43 PM

Rinnyx wrote:

If you tell them you want to buy airtime when you are at the AT&T corporate store, they will probably give you the SIM card for free.

Rinnyx wrote:

If you tell them you want to buy airtime when you are at the AT&T corporate store, they will probably give you the SIM card for free.

[ Edited ]
5 of 11 (255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 5:51:46 PM
(0)
Master
If they do not want to budge on the free SIM, it will cost you $25 for a new one. Chances are they will throw it in for free, though.

If they do not want to budge on the free SIM, it will cost you $25 for a new one. Chances are they will throw it in for free, though.

6 of 11 (246 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 6:59:33 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by hnzw_rui on Nov 9, 2011 at 7:01:47 PM

Wild Banchi wrote:

Alternately, you could just buy an AT&T SIM card from ebay for $2 or so and activate it in the comfort of your own home. Smiley Happy

I'd personally go the ebay route. Parking by the AT&T corporate store near me would cost me $2 minimum. Smiley Tongue

Wild Banchi wrote:

Alternately, you could just buy an AT&T SIM card from ebay for $2 or so and activate it in the comfort of your own home. Smiley Happy

I'd personally go the ebay route. Parking by the AT&T corporate store near me would cost me $2 minimum. Smiley Tongue

[ Edited ]
7 of 11 (235 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 9:21:21 PM
(0)
Professor
Wow. At $25, AT&T is expensive compared to T-Mobile at $9.99!
Wow. At $25, AT&T is expensive compared to T-Mobile at $9.99!

8 of 11 (226 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2011 3:08:14 AM
(0)
Master
I've purchased two other prepaid SIMs from eBay in the past, with the most recent one being Monday night, I believe. They're cheap and they work great.

I've purchased two other prepaid SIMs from eBay in the past, with the most recent one being Monday night, I believe. They're cheap and they work great.

9 of 11 (219 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2011 4:20:43 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks guys, ended up going to the at&t and got a sim for $10 Smiley Happy

Thanks guys, ended up going to the at&t and got a sim for $10 Smiley Happy