Helpful Links

Question about SIM Card

Tutor

Question about SIM Card

Hey everyone,

I haven't used my go phone since March which is also when I was suppose to refill my account but didn't. I'm taking a trip in a couple weeks and would like to use my go phone again my question is, I'm buying a new phone but can I use the SIM card I was using before? Or am I going to have to buy a new one? I haven't gotten a straight answer, some people say just call customer service and they'll reactivate you sim and some say you will have to get a new SIM and pay for some kind of reactivation fee...Can someone please tell me which one of these are correct? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 11
Scholar

Re: Question about SIM Card

They'll give you a new SIM card with a new number. AT&T doesn't really reactivate deactivated GoPhone SIM cards. There shouldn't be a reactivation fee, either. The reactivation stuff only applies to postpaid users.

Message 2 of 11
Master

That's right. You will have to get a new SIM card to use with your phone as your other one has been deactivated and is no longer usable.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 11
Tutor

Alrighty thank you, the only other question I have is if I go to the at&t store will they give me a sim card? My friend who is a contract costumer says that you go down there and they'll give you one but since she's a contract costumer I'm not sure if it'll work the same way. So am I going to have to pay or will they just give me a new one free of charge?

Message 4 of 11
Professor

Rinnyx wrote:

Alrighty thank you, the only other question I have is if I go to the at&t store will they give me a sim card? My friend who is a contract costumer says that you go down there and they'll give you one but since she's a contract costumer I'm not sure if it'll work the same way. So am I going to have to pay or will they just give me a new one free of charge?

If you tell them you want to buy airtime when you are at the AT&T corporate store, they will probably give you the SIM card for free.

Message 5 of 11
Master

If they do not want to budge on the free SIM, it will cost you $25 for a new one. Chances are they will throw it in for free, though.

Message 6 of 11
Scholar

Wild Banchi wrote:
If they do not want to budge on the free SIM, it will cost you $25 for a new one. Chances are they will throw it in for free, though.

Alternately, you could just buy an AT&T SIM card from ebay for $2 or so and activate it in the comfort of your own home. Smiley Happy

I'd personally go the ebay route. Parking by the AT&T corporate store near me would cost me $2 minimum. Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 11
Professor

Wow. At $25, AT&T is expensive compared to T-Mobile at $9.99!
Message 8 of 11
Master

I've purchased two other prepaid SIMs from eBay in the past, with the most recent one being Monday night, I believe. They're cheap and they work great.

Message 9 of 11
Tutor

Thanks guys, ended up going to the at&t and got a sim for $10 Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Highlighted
Master

$10 is not a bad price to pay.

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support