Question about Iphone 4 with plan.

Contributor

Question about Iphone 4 with plan.

Hellom ,first of all sorry for my bad english lol.

Okay so I am thinking about buyin iphone 4, and I never used att before so, I make the plans for iphone online to see how much it will cost, So I choosed 450 min/ Messaging 200 / DataPro 2 GB for iPhone ,,, those are all cost 69.99 + fees , and 16gb iphone cost 199$ + fee

So lets say, I paid my bill for 5month, (69.99+fee x 5 month= it will be max. $400 inc. fees) And i decided to cancel my contract  so I know there is a fee about 325$ so When I decide to cancel my plan I need to pay 325$ right, but Can I still keep to Iphone or Are they want more money to keep your iphone ?

Message 1 of 7 (2,382 Views)
Professor

Re: Question about Iphone 4 with plan.

After 30 days, if you cancel the contract you pay the ETF and the phone is yours to do with what you wish.  The EFT buys you out of the rest of the contract.  There is no additional fee.

But to be honest, why would someone do the scenario you describe?  $200 for the phone + $400 for 5 months + $325 ETF = $925.  If one wants to get the phone and cancel, get the no contract phone for $599.

Message 2 of 7 (2,308 Views)
Professor

If your intentions are to take your AT&T iPhone to another country and use it there, you need to be aware that neither AT&T or Apple will unlock the device.

All US sold iPhones are locked to AT&T.  The newly announced VZW iphone is a completely different issue.

If you try to take your US acquired iPhone to another country, it will not work unless you jailbreak it and void the warranty.

If your intention is to get an unlocked iPhone, purchase an iPhone from a country which offers an unlocked version.

Message 3 of 7 (2,290 Views)
Professor

The iphone is $199 (up to $400 deposit for unqualified) + activation fee upon signing the contract for 2 years.

You have 30 days and if you are unsatisfied, you need to return the iPhone before the end of those 30 days for a refund minus how many days you were on to be billed and if they apply the restocking fee. You can keep it if you pay $325 (the contract fee).

If you decide to stay on contract, you will be billed for 450 minutes, 200 texts, and 2GB data plus taxes and service charges for a total of $82 (variant on state taxes).

If you cancel after the due date, you will be billed $325 (minus $5 each month passed) plus a wireless month.

If your intention is to internationally sell the iPhone, you could but the new receiver will be charged a whole wallop of international data roaming fees but may be cancelled by AT&T at will for the outrageous charges since they are being billed by one of the many non-networked carriers.

Message 4 of 7 (2,270 Views)
Guru

josephz2va wrote:

If you cancel after the due date, you will be billed $325 (minus $5 each month passed) plus a wireless month.

Actually it's $10 each month, $5 was with the old ETF of $175.00.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 7 (2,240 Views)
Expert

Virtual wrote:

josephz2va wrote:

which is interesting since it still leaves a balance after the 24th month if you leave, hopefully that is zeroed at end of contract

Message 6 of 7 (2,210 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

wingrider01 wrote:

Virtual wrote:

josephz2va wrote:

which is interesting since it still leaves a balance after the 24th month if you leave, hopefully that is zeroed at end of contract

Of course, it was the same with the old $175 ETF and the current $150 ETF for dumbphones.

Example: Standard devices have a $150 ETF with a $4 declining amount, meaning that in the last month of the contract the ETF would be reduced to $58, and obviously it is zeroed as soon as the contract ends. Same with the Advanced devices ETF of $325, minus $10 each month it would be reduced to $95 in the last month of the contact and zeroes after the contract ends.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 7 (2,197 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.