Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 23, 2011
1:42:19 PM
Question about Go Phone & IM's

I have a Gophone that has the IM features built into the phone (Windows Live, Yahoo and AIM) and I also have the $19.99 unlimited texting package which claims to include IM's as well . I'm from New Jersey and I know AT&T charges us additional to send regular texts out of country but  I am just wondering if I use my Windows Live IM and IM someone in Canada who also has the Window's Live IM on his phone and he replies from his phone, if I will be charged extra for this or if it's considered part of the unlimited texting/IM package deal??

Thank you Smiley Happy

I have a Gophone that has the IM features built into the phone (Windows Live, Yahoo and AIM) and I also have the $19.99 unlimited texting package which claims to include IM's as well . I'm from New Jersey and I know AT&T charges us additional to send regular texts out of country but  I am just wondering if I use my Windows Live IM and IM someone in Canada who also has the Window's Live IM on his phone and he replies from his phone, if I will be charged extra for this or if it's considered part of the unlimited texting/IM package deal??

Thank you Smiley Happy

Question about Go Phone & IM's

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 6:59:09 PM
(0)
Master

Because it's going through an IM service, ATT has no idea where the other party is located so all IM's are treated as domestic.

Because it's going through an IM service, ATT has no idea where the other party is located so all IM's are treated as domestic.

Re: Question about Go Phone & IM's

2 of 2 (370 Views)