Posted Oct 13, 2011
9:39:45 PM
View profile
Question RE: Upgrading from 3GS to 4S

I preordered my phone through the Ap on my iphone (Which worked great btw!), and should be getting my new 4S today.  I've got a wedding to go to about 2 hours away after work so I want to set everything up as quick as I can.  Since the 4S is a micro SIM and the 3GS is a regular SIM, will I have to go to an AT&T store and activate to keep my number, or will connecting it to iTunes like I did for my 3GS a few years back work.

Thanks!

I preordered my phone through the Ap on my iphone (Which worked great btw!), and should be getting my new 4S today.  I've got a wedding to go to about 2 hours away after work so I want to set everything up as quick as I can.  Since the 4S is a micro SIM and the 3GS is a regular SIM, will I have to go to an AT&T store and activate to keep my number, or will connecting it to iTunes like I did for my 3GS a few years back work.

Thanks!

Question RE: Upgrading from 3GS to 4S

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 9:43:52 PM
(0)
Scholar

ChuxBuster wrote:

Thanks!

You should have gotten instructions on how to activate via email. If restoring from the 3GS backup, though, 2 hours might not be enough time to copy all your data. I suggest sticking to the 3GS until after you come back from the wedding.

ChuxBuster wrote:

Thanks!

You should have gotten instructions on how to activate via email. If restoring from the 3GS backup, though, 2 hours might not be enough time to copy all your data. I suggest sticking to the 3GS until after you come back from the wedding.

Re: Question RE: Upgrading from 3GS to 4S

2 of 3 (1,715 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 4:53:05 AM
(0)
Teacher

Go to this website - has instructions...

www.att.com/upgradesupport

Go to this website - has instructions...

www.att.com/upgradesupport

Re: Question RE: Upgrading from 3GS to 4S

3 of 3 (1,641 Views)