Helpful Links

Question RE: Upgrading from 3GS to 4S

Contributor

Question RE: Upgrading from 3GS to 4S

I preordered my phone through the Ap on my iphone (Which worked great btw!), and should be getting my new 4S today.  I've got a wedding to go to about 2 hours away after work so I want to set everything up as quick as I can.  Since the 4S is a micro SIM and the 3GS is a regular SIM, will I have to go to an AT&T store and activate to keep my number, or will connecting it to iTunes like I did for my 3GS a few years back work.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
Scholar

Re: Question RE: Upgrading from 3GS to 4S

ChuxBuster wrote:

I preordered my phone through the Ap on my iphone (Which worked great btw!), and should be getting my new 4S today.  I've got a wedding to go to about 2 hours away after work so I want to set everything up as quick as I can.  Since the 4S is a micro SIM and the 3GS is a regular SIM, will I have to go to an AT&T store and activate to keep my number, or will connecting it to iTunes like I did for my 3GS a few years back work.

Thanks!

You should have gotten instructions on how to activate via email. If restoring from the 3GS backup, though, 2 hours might not be enough time to copy all your data. I suggest sticking to the 3GS until after you come back from the wedding.

Message 2 of 3
Teacher

Re: Question RE: Upgrading from 3GS to 4S

Go to this website - has instructions...

www.att.com/upgradesupport

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support