Question | I got 2 iPhones Unlocked (from USA)

Contributor

Question | I got 2 iPhones Unlocked (from USA)

(*I hope I've got the right place)

Hello
I live in Israel.
And I ordered 2 iPhones someone (do not know him and have no contact with him).
And asked him if my state open iPhone.
And when I discovered my two iPhones are unlocked only to USA.
IPhones are from AT & T, version 5.0.1 Modem 11.04.08
I have no invoice or details of the purchase of these iPhones.
And checked with someone and he told me to turn to you I can develop them.
Seller lied to me they were open and did not know. And have no contact with himand I with two  iPhones unlocked.
It's possible you open it to me?
I should give you IMIE of iPhones and I can open it. (I'm willing to pay)

Waiting for an answer, thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (506 Views)
Professor

Re: Question | I got 2 iPhones Unlocked (from USA)

Like you said, the seller lied to you. You bought locked US iPhones. Neither AT&T nor Apple will currently unlock a locked US iPhone under any circumstances. Your only options are to get your money back or sell them, and then buy a proper unlocked iPhone. In the US, only Apple sells unlocked iPhones, however, the warranty for US iPhones is only applicable inside the US. They won't help you if you have are using it outside the US. Alternately, you can buy an iPhone from an Israeli carrier.
Message 2 of 7 (502 Views)
Contributor

There's a reason why the company at & t does not open locked devices?

Message 3 of 7 (498 Views)
Professor

They have never provided an official reason. They unlock other phones, but not the iPhone. They never have, ever since the first iPhone.
Message 4 of 7 (490 Views)
Master

Buyer beware! You only recourse is the seller. You story will not influence Apple nor ATT. You can always sell your iPhones and buy unlocked versions directly from Apple.

Good Luck!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 5 of 7 (475 Views)
ACE - Professor

itay_izra wrote:

There's a reason why the company at & t does not open locked devices?

No stated reason, but Apple does sell both no-contract locked to AT&T devices, and completely unlocked devices. They cost more. Go figure.

There is no supported way to turn a locked device into an unlocked device.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 7 (462 Views)
Highlighted

First, to clarify your phones are locked. They are not "unlocked only to USA". The term "lock" means that a phone can only be used with that carrier. iPhones sold in the US are specific to carriers, even though they may have identical hardware. 

The person who sold you the phone lied to you, and you will have to try to remedy the situation with him. As others have stated, AT&T will not unlock iPhones for any reason. There are no requirements for US carriers to unlock phones for use on other carriers or in other countries.

If you can't get your money back from the person who sold you the phones, you may have to just sell them and purchase a truly unlocked phone. I'm sorry that you were the victim of a scam in this manner, but there is nothing we can do to help you.

itay_izra wrote:

(*I hope I've got the right place)

Hello
I live in Israel.
And I ordered 2 iPhones someone (do not know him and have no contact with him).
And asked him if my state open iPhone.
And when I discovered my two iPhones are unlocked only to USA.
IPhones are from AT & T, version 5.0.1 Modem 11.04.08
I have no invoice or details of the purchase of these iPhones.
And checked with someone and he told me to turn to you I can develop them.
Seller lied to me they were open and did not know. And have no contact with himand I with two  iPhones unlocked.
It's possible you open it to me?
I should give you IMIE of iPhones and I can open it. (I'm willing to pay)

Waiting for an answer, thanks!

Message 7 of 7 (430 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.