Question 11113020

Contributor

Question 11113020

I assume that many iPhone users have seen the news that if you send 'yes' to 11113020 that you get a message back saying that at&t will add 1000 rollover minutes to your account.  

Is this legit?

Message 1 of 40 (39,503 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Question 11113020

21stNow wrote:

johninsj wrote:

The code 11113020 is "odd" - standard short codes are 5 or 6 digits long. It's 8. It doesn't seem to show up in any short code directory.

My AT&T confirmation text for bill payment received is from a similar number, 11113008.

Good point. AT&T loves to send me SMS messages. Most come from 111130xxx numbers - mark the spot, updates on services selected like international roaming, changing voicemail password, etc.

Seems pretty much like an AT&T designator to me.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 31 of 40 (3,961 Views)
Contributor

ATT must have caught on. The confirmation text now reads "Thank you. Your Rollover minutes will be added to your account within 4 weeks, subject to verifying your account eligibility. Limit 1 credit per account." (Emphasis is my own.)

I too was wary of texting an anonymous short code number. A lot of marketing scams will use a short code to sign you up for a subscription that you don't even know you have until the fees show up on your bill. Or even online surveys that ask for your mobile number will do that also.  They're pesky to get rid of and/or credited too.

Message 32 of 40 (3,592 Views)
Scholar

thats what mine said to. Guess we'll see in 4 weeks

Message 33 of 40 (3,543 Views)
Scholar

ATT must have caught on. The confirmation text now reads "Thank you. Your Rollover minutes will be added to your account within 4 weeks, subject to verifying your account eligibility. Limit 1 credit per account."

exactly what mine said maybe I can add these to my 11,400

Message 34 of 40 (3,243 Views)
Contributor

I just received the text too, it is legitimate. I also have a bunch of rollover minutes already, probably the only customers getting these texts are the ones that don't need them.

Message 35 of 40 (2,162 Views)
Contributor

Question 11113020

I called Att and after doing a little research, the a customer service associate confirmed that it IS in fact a legitimate Att text message. He told me to reply 'Yes' to the message while i was on the phone, and i received a confirmation text saying:

"Thank you for responding to our free 1000 bonus Rollover Minute offer. You will receive a confirmation message upon validation of this mobile account"

He told me that if i didnt receive a confirmation message by end of day, to call back, and someone will manually add the minutes.

Hope that clears up any concerns

Man Very Happy

http://MitchellWiggs.com

http://Facebook.com/MitchellWiggs

Message 36 of 40 (2,074 Views)
ACE - Professor

Indeed, this deal is legitimate being sent by text. Smiley Wink

-Evandela
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 37 of 40 (2,063 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: a Re: Question 11113020

Well I guess I'll add it on to my 5k or so rollover lol. Maybe I should talk more on the phone with my voice lol

Message 38 of 40 (819 Views)
Contributor

Yes thank you
Message 39 of 40 (246 Views)
Contributor

Yes
Message 40 of 40 (243 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.