Question 11113020

Highlighted
Contributor

Question 11113020

I assume that many iPhone users have seen the news that if you send 'yes' to 11113020 that you get a message back saying that at&t will add 1000 rollover minutes to your account.  

Is this legit?

Message 1 of 40 (39,492 Views)
Professor

Re: Question 11113020

The commenters on PhoneDog said that it was.  I haven't tried it myself to see.

Message 2 of 40 (39,264 Views)
ACE - Master

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 40 (39,248 Views)
Professor

I just called Premier customer care and was told that AT&T is offering 1000 free rollover minutes, but the text has to be sent to you, then you have to respond to it.  She said that I could not just text into that number.  If I don't receive the text, then I am not eligible.

Internet posts contradict this information, but I will wait and see.  I won't be able to use all the rollover minutes that I have now, so it's not a big deal if I don't get more.

Message 4 of 40 (39,015 Views)
Scholar

a Re: Question 11113020

There's a sucker born every minute.

Message 5 of 40 (38,864 Views)
Tutor

21stNow wrote:

I just called Premier customer care and was told that AT&T is offering 1000 free rollover minutes, but the text has to be sent to you, then you have to respond to it.  She said that I could not just text into that number.  If I don't receive the text, then I am not eligible.

Internet posts contradict this information, but I will wait and see.  I won't be able to use all the rollover minutes that I have now, so it's not a big deal if I don't get more.

Each of my friend does what the site says, and each get a confirmation.  We are all premier customer.  It works!!

Message 6 of 40 (38,233 Views)

It's legit. It was posted on dealnews 5 hours ago.

http://dealnews.com/AT-T-iPhone-owners-Get-1-000-rollover-minutes-for-free/434831.html

Message 7 of 40 (37,276 Views)
ACE - Professor

jareddd wrote:

I assume that many iPhone users have seen the news that if you send 'yes' to 11113020 that you get a message back saying that at&t will add 1000 rollover minutes to your account.  

Is this legit?

It is legit that you can txt yes to that number... even if you did not get a txt first. You may get a confirmation back. I don't know if AT&T will then, at some point, screen out ineligible folks.

Depending on your usage pattern, this might be handy. I'm always dumping 500 minutes of my 550 minutes into rollover month after month... I current have just under 2.5 days of talk time rolled over, I doubt I will ever use that, let alone an additional 1000 minutes.... but I txted to it anyway, and got a confirmation txt back.

Why? Because it was there.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 40 (37,014 Views)
Master

I already have 9500 rollover minutes.  Not sure if I could even use more.  

Message 9 of 40 (36,904 Views)
Professor

Re: a Re: Question 11113020

smalcom wrote:

How is anyone being a sucker?

Message 10 of 40 (36,367 Views)
Master

21stNow wrote:

smalcom wrote:

There was always the possibility it was a scam getting people to sign up for some third party service by replying YES since its hard to confirm 11113020 is actually an AT&T message service number. Just because it said AT&T in the message didn't automatically make it real.

While yes its most likely real, people in general are too quick in believing/clicking everything they see online.  Thats why spammers, viruses, phising, hoaxes, trojans etc do so well.

Message 11 of 40 (12,341 Views)
Guru

From what I read elsewhere, the offer apparently isn't limited to only AT&T iPhone users--I texted from my wife's Motorola V600 about 10 minutes ago and just received the confirmation text on her phone...in addition to receiving it on my iPhone as well.  Wonder if the 1000 minutes will be applied on a per-line basis if each phone on a family plan received the confirmation, or if it's just 1000 minutes total no matter how may phones on the account received it.

FWIW--the V600 received two confirmation text msgs within minutes of each other.

Message 12 of 40 (12,167 Views)
Professor

@Ed, I see what you are saying. I thought of the spamming possibility, too. That's why I called AT&T first. I didn't confirm the number with her when she said that I couldn't initiate the text anyway.
Message 13 of 40 (12,157 Views)
Scholar

21stNow wrote:

smalcom wrote:

Why would anyone believe anything that was so farfetched? Nobody questions anything anymore. How may emails have you received from people telling you to text some company or forward an email and you will get money or something for free? That's what I mean by a sucker born every minute. Learn to question what seems outrageous. Just because it comes in an email, is posted on the Internet, or comes as a text doesn't mean it's factual.

Message 14 of 40 (11,778 Views)
ACE - Professor

Planet-Ed wrote:

21stNow wrote:

smalcom wrote:

There was always the possibility it was a scam getting people to sign up for some third party service by replying YES since its hard to confirm 11113020 is actually an AT&T message service number. Just because it said AT&T in the message didn't automatically make it real.

While yes its most likely real, people in general are too quick in believing/clicking everything they see online.  Thats why spammers, viruses, phising, hoaxes, trojans etc do so well.

Actually, it's not a thrid party service - since I have those blocked for free via the parental controls option, and it worked...

You should do that too, it's quite a good idea with all the SMS scams out there.

Message 15 of 40 (11,558 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.