Pure or Tilt?

Mentor

Pure or Tilt?

I have a Fuze.  I use the keyboard quite a bit.

Which do I want?  Pure or Tilt?  Main difference in the QWERTY? 

Message 1 of 7 (1,424 Views)
Professor

Re: Pure or Tilt?

Tilt2 is a considerably larger phone, but also has a nice big (and hi-res) screen.  Tilt2 also has an awesome speaker phone, that automatically switches on if you are on a call, and put the phone face down on a table.  The Pure has a 5 megapixel camera, where the Tilt2 is only 3.2 megapixel (but still pretty good, IMO).
Message 2 of 7 (1,414 Views)

The PURE is way too small. I went from the TILT to TILT2 , and my girlfriend said she wanted the PURE until we tried one in person. It looks cool and has basically the same OS as TILT2 but way way too small.. JMHO
Message 3 of 7 (1,397 Views)
Mentor

I had the Fuze and thought I wanted a Pure until I saw one in the store. Screen was too small for my taste. The Tilt 2 is the biggest phone I've ever owned, but I love the screen, and it's styled such (beveled edges and all) that it's less "chunky" than my original Tilt.

So it's a trade, but I went with the Tilt 2 instead of Pure and am glad I did! 

Message 4 of 7 (1,355 Views)
Professor

As far as the main reasons I buy a phone, and my take on it:

The tilt 2 is bulkier and heavier.  It does have a real keyboard.

The pure lacks the keyboard, but is a nice compact package.

I bought a pure, and ended up returning it for a tilt 2. 

Message 5 of 7 (1,354 Views)
Professor

I looked at both and decided to go with the Pure for the smaller size. Sure, it is easier typing on a big keyboard, but after having the Fuze, I was getting tired of sliding the keyboard out. The Pure's keyboard while no match to that of the iPhone, is still good enough for me. If you are a heavy texter/email user ( I am moderate) then I would say go with the Tilt2, if not, you may want to consider the Pure
Message 6 of 7 (1,337 Views)
Highlighted

UNless something else gets released by October, I will probably be getting the Tilt2. My phone is a business phone first, personal phone second. Company pays for the hardware on contract renewal every two years...
Message 7 of 7 (1,290 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.