Pure/Tilt2- Freezes after sending texts!

Teacher

Pure/Tilt2- Freezes after sending texts!

[ Edited ]

Has anybody else experienced this problem?  It gives an error message regarding "shell32.exe". 

It just powered off and won't turn back on unless I do a hard reset.  Other times it has just frozen and I had to do a hard reset. 

NOT very happy about this, at all.

{Tilt2 added to subject line}

Message Edited by mod.moose on 11-03-2009 07:55:12 PM
Message 1 of 128 (9,428 Views)
Professor

Re: Pure - Freezes after sending texts!

27Hampton wrote:

Gotcha, understood.

I think I've uncovered problem #1.  HTC doesn't recognize the Pure on their support site! lol  Which phone did you choose to open the ticket?  Sorry for all the questions. 

Ofcourse they do. Here is the link to it.
Message 16 of 128 (3,728 Views)
Teacher

guandalf wrote:

27Hampton wrote:

Gotcha, understood.

I think I've uncovered problem #1.  HTC doesn't recognize the Pure on their support site! lol  Which phone did you choose to open the ticket?  Sorry for all the questions. 

Hmmmm...this is where I was looking.

Don't mind me. lol  Thanks again! 

Message 17 of 128 (3,726 Views)
Professor

27Hampton wrote:

guandalf wrote:

27Hampton wrote:

Gotcha, understood.

No probs. You should have gone to their US site, instead of their world wide one that features their own brand only.
Message 18 of 128 (3,725 Views)
Professor

27Hampton wrote:

guandalf wrote:

27Hampton wrote:

Gotcha, understood.

Was just wondering if you heard back from HTC?Smiley Surprised Based on my experience, they usually get back within 24-48 hours, but this time I have heard nothing back, which leads me to believe that they are investigating this, and probably found an issue. I hope they get back to me soon. If not, I'll try them again.
Message 19 of 128 (3,648 Views)
Teacher

Not a word.  I'm going to try back as well.  In fact, I'll probably do it today. 
Message 20 of 128 (3,629 Views)
Teacher

Have you heard back from HTC?  I haven't.

This phone is absolutely useless for texts.  I regret buying this phone at this point. 

Message 21 of 128 (3,398 Views)
Professor

27Hampton wrote:

Have you heard back from HTC?  I haven't.

This phone is absolutely useless for texts.  I regret buying this phone at this point. 

Have not heard from them. I am going to create another trouble ticket with them now, and then follow up with a phone call. I have used their support many times, and usually they get back within 24 hours. This shows to me that they recognize the issue.
Message 22 of 128 (3,396 Views)
Teacher

So, HTC sent me what seemed to be a stock email.  Basically telling me to:

check the memory (it's fine). 

Delete any third party apps (I have no third party apps). 

Do a soft reset (I've done it at least 20 times due to the phone freezing up)

Do a hard reset back to factory specs (I haven't done that yet, but since others are experience the same issue, I don't understand how it could be an indivual hardware issue). 

If none of these acts fix the problem....call AT&T.  As if they're going to do anything for me. 

So basically, they were no help whatsoever.  Pardon the frustration in my posts, but this has really soured me to HTC and it's my second HTC phone.  Second and last. 

Message 23 of 128 (3,364 Views)
Scholar

Mine just froze again....while texting in landscape, not sure if landscape was the issue.  Had to use the soft re-set button..............

Message 24 of 128 (3,361 Views)
Teacher

I believe it is the issue, but I'm not sure.  I know it hasn't happened to me when using TF3D and I'm fairly certain it hasn't happened in 6.5 using it vertical (although I haven't tried it very often).  It's only when I use it in landscape mode. 

I'm going to the local corporate store tonight.  I might have to switch over to the iPhone, which I didn't want to do...but I text way too often and apparently there won't be a resolution to the problem. 

Message 25 of 128 (3,354 Views)
Professor

27Hampton wrote:

I believe it is the issue, but I'm not sure.  I know it hasn't happened to me when using TF3D and I'm fairly certain it hasn't happened in 6.5 using it vertical (although I haven't tried it very often).  It's only when I use it in landscape mode. 

I'm going to the local corporate store tonight.  I might have to switch over to the iPhone, which I didn't want to do...but I text way too often and apparently there won't be a resolution to the problem. 

If you keep the phone in portrait mode, I noticed that it doesn't happen. I would also open a trouble ticket at HTC support.
Message 26 of 128 (3,337 Views)
Teacher

I did open a ticket at HTC, I posted above that I just received an email from them after 2 weeks.

I'm probably switching to the iPhone tomorrow. Smiley Sad

Message 27 of 128 (3,333 Views)
Professor

27Hampton wrote:

I did open a ticket at HTC, I posted above that I just received an email from them after 2 weeks.

I'm probably switching to the iPhone tomorrow. Smiley Sad

Oh, I just saw that. Reply to their answer and say, that many of us are having this issue, and place a link to this thread in your answer. This is what I have done, but I have not heard from them yet, which leads me to believe they are looking into it.
Message 28 of 128 (3,329 Views)
Teacher

I did that in my reply and mentioned that others were having the same issue and mentioned this board, but didn't supply the link.  Good idea though.  Dang it.  I replied 2 hours ago.
Message 29 of 128 (3,329 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

I'll bet others are having this issue, can't be just 3 people, probably in varied parts of the country.  I wonder if it's an issue with ALL Pures, or maybe the lot where ours came from.....  I would imagine a software fix would fix an issue like this.  I can't imagine it's a hardware issue.  I'll check with one of the other users on our account that got a Pure at the same time & see if they've noticed a problem.  They're a heavy texter so if it's an issue with their phone too, I'm sure it would be noticeable.

Just checked.  The other user has not had the lock-up problem that we're talking about.  I ordered both phones at the same time, they were delivered together so I assume they would've come from the same lot.

Message Edited by Property33 on 10-26-2009 04:55:11 PM
Message 30 of 128 (3,333 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.