Helpful Links

Pure/Tilt2- Freezes after sending texts!

Teacher

Pure/Tilt2- Freezes after sending texts!

Has anybody else experienced this problem?  It gives an error message regarding "shell32.exe". 

It just powered off and won't turn back on unless I do a hard reset.  Other times it has just frozen and I had to do a hard reset. 

NOT very happy about this, at all.

{Tilt2 added to subject line}

Message Edited by mod.moose on 11-03-2009 07:55:12 PM
Message 1 of 128
Teacher

Re: Pure - Freezes after sending texts!

Nobody else huh?  I guess it's my phone. Great.

It happens 90% of the time I send a text.  If I send more than one in a span of a few minutes, it's a given that the screen will freeze in one form or fashion.  I use it in landscape mode when typing and it automatically flips back to vertical, then again to landscape after I sent the text.  That's what seems to be causing the phone to freak out.  

Dang it.

Message 2 of 128
Scholar

It has frozen on me too...  not sure of the steps that caused it but it was while texting...
Message 3 of 128
Professor

27Hampton wrote:

Nobody else huh?  I guess it's my phone. Great.

It happens 90% of the time I send a text.  If I send more than one in a span of a few minutes, it's a given that the screen will freeze in one form or fashion.  I use it in landscape mode when typing and it automatically flips back to vertical, then again to landscape after I sent the text.  That's what seems to be causing the phone to freak out.  

Dang it.

It happened to me a few times too. Seems to be a bug in the ROM
Message 4 of 128
Teacher

It's really bummin' me out.  I do quite a bit of texting.  Since I just got the phone a week ago, I'm considering sending it back and dropping an additional $150 on the Tilt2.  Smiley Sad  Even though I have a problem spending so much on a phone since I'll want another one in 12 to 18 months.
Message 5 of 128
Professor

27Hampton wrote:
It's really bummin' me out.  I do quite a bit of texting.  Since I just got the phone a week ago, I'm considering sending it back and dropping an additional $150 on the Tilt2.  Smiley Sad  Even though I have a problem spending so much on a phone since I'll want another one in 12 to 18 months.

This has been documented on the Tilt 2 if using the on screen keyboard.
Message 6 of 128
Teacher

I've sent 12 texts today - phone froze 11 times!  This is just ridiculous.

Pardon the ignorance, but what does AT&T or HTC do about this, since it's obviously a ROM issue?  Are we SOL, or do you think they'll address it?  

I hate to sound whiney, but fact is...I've NEVER had this problem with my Blackberry.  In fact, I've never had texting issues with any phone I've owned.   Looks like I'll be on the phone for a few hours with them tomorrow and may have to get a different phone. 

Message 7 of 128
Professor

27Hampton wrote:

I've sent 12 texts today - phone froze 11 times!  This is just ridiculous.

Pardon the ignorance, but what does AT&T or HTC do about this, since it's obviously a ROM issue?  Are we SOL, or do you think they'll address it?  

I hate to sound whiney, but fact is...I've NEVER had this problem with my Blackberry.  In fact, I've never had texting issues with any phone I've owned.   Looks like I'll be on the phone for a few hours with them tomorrow and may have to get a different phone. 

Go to HTC support and open a support ticket. I have done so. If enough people will do so, they will realize there is an issue and will release an update. It is still though beyond me, how such a bug gets passed QA.
Message 8 of 128
Teacher

Well...it's not as if Texting is popular.  Smiley Mad

I'll do that over at HTC.  Thanks.

Message 9 of 128
Professor

27Hampton wrote:

Well...it's not as if Texting is popular.  Smiley Mad

I'll do that over at HTC.  Thanks.

I'm also hoping the Mods are taking note and relaying it to relevant people in mgt.
Message 10 of 128
Professor

Another annoying bug relating to text messages on the Pure, is that after a while the message sent notification doesn't come up when you send a text, and then in order to clear the icon of the sent message in the status bar, you have to touch the status bar and clear notifications. This leads me to believe that it is an issue with TF3D, and if you use Titanium, neither bug will show up, but I have not tested it.
Message 11 of 128
Teacher

Yes, I was hoping the same thing.  I'll probably put in a call to AT&T tomorrow as well.  Just to log it in the system and take my frustrations out on some poor customer service rep just trying to do their job.
Message 12 of 128
Teacher

guandalf wrote:
Another annoying bug relating to text messages on the Pure, is that after a while the message sent notification doesn't come up when you send a text, and then in order to clear the icon of the sent message in the status bar, you have to touch the status bar and clear notifications. This leads me to believe that it is an issue with TF3D, and if you use Titanium, neither bug will show up, but I have not tested it.

I don't think I've experience that, but I did think that the message sent notification was the problem to begin with since sometimes it shows up and other times it doesn't.  Other times it freezes when that notification is on the screen. 

I did receive another error msg in addition to the one I noted in an earlier post, but I didn't make a note of it.  I will next time. 

When I reply to texts, I never use TF3D because I like to type in landscape mode. I don't turn it off, I just don't reply in TF3D.  Would that mean that it's not necessarily a TF3D issue in your opinion?

Message 13 of 128
Professor

27Hampton wrote:

guandalf wrote:

I don't think I've experience that, but I did think that the message sent notification was the problem to begin with since sometimes it shows up and other times it doesn't.  Other times it freezes when that notification is on the screen. 

I did receive another error msg in addition to the one I noted in an earlier post, but I didn't make a note of it.  I will next time. 

When I reply to texts, I never use TF3D because I like to type in landscape mode. I don't turn it off, I just don't reply in TF3D.  Would that mean that it's not necessarily a TF3D issue in your opinion?

What I meant was, I dont think this would happen if you used Titanium, i.e. TF3D turned off and Titanium (Windows Default) turned on.
Message 14 of 128
Teacher

Gotcha, understood.

I think I've uncovered problem #1.  HTC doesn't recognize the Pure on their support site! lol  Which phone did you choose to open the ticket?  Sorry for all the questions. 

Message 15 of 128
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support