Pure/Tilt2- Freezes after sending texts!

Teacher

Pure/Tilt2- Freezes after sending texts!

Has anybody else experienced this problem?  It gives an error message regarding "shell32.exe". 

It just powered off and won't turn back on unless I do a hard reset.  Other times it has just frozen and I had to do a hard reset. 

NOT very happy about this, at all.

{Tilt2 added to subject line}

Message Edited by mod.moose on 11-03-2009 07:55:12 PM
Message 1 of 128
Voyager

Re: Pure - Freezes after sending texts!

I am on my 4th Tilt 2 since January.

Everyone of them have frozen up daily.

Sometimes 4 - 5 times.

And like you said, it usually happens when sliding keyboard out and sending text.

I'm going to try these hotfixes. 

I don't understand why AT&T employess don't know about these things and tell you to try them before sending you another phone.

I even let them send me a moto backflip to try in place of the Tilt 2 (big mistake).

I would rather have the Tilt 2 with freezing problems rather than the backflip.

They wouldn't let me swap the new backflip for another Tilt 2.

I had to sign another contract to get a new Tilt 2. Guess I will put backflip on ebay or use it as a paper weight.

Message 121 of 128
Teacher

Re: Pure/Tilt2- Freezes after sending texts!

Each time I try installing the hotfix for the sms/text freeze, I get the popup: "Incorrect Device - This hotfix is not compatible with your device."  So how is my Tilt 2 not a compatible device for a Tilt 2 hotfix???

Message 122 of 128
Professor

Sirrah wrote:

Each time I try installing the hotfix for the sms/text freeze, I get the popup: "Incorrect Device - This hotfix is not compatible with your device."  So how is my Tilt 2 not a compatible device for a Tilt 2 hotfix???

When you connect via ActiveSync, what device name comes up?

Message 123 of 128
Teacher

redpoint73 wrote:

Sirrah wrote:

Since I'm currently @ work, I can't remember the name, but is the name that was established when I first connected & synced with my laptop.

I just realized something:  I restored the info from my old phone (Moto Q9h) to this phone using "Sprite Backup".  So would this phone now have the old device name from my old phone, and as such, be seen as a Q9h?

Message 124 of 128
Professor

Sirrah wrote:

redpoint73 wrote:

Sirrah wrote:

Since I'm currently @ work, I can't remember the name, but is the name that was established when I first connected & synced with my laptop.

I just realized something:  I restored the info from my old phone (Moto Q9h) to this phone using "Sprite Backup".  So would this phone now have the old device name from my old phone, and as such, be seen as a Q9h?

Yes, how the PC is identifying the phone will show up on the ActiveSync window after you connect the phone over USB.  I'm pretty sure it should say "Tilt 2".  Don't quite know for sure personally, since I've flashed to a custom ROM, and mine says "Touch Pro 2" now.

Restoring from your old phone may have screwed things up. I'm not sure about Sprite, but I've read knowledgable people on XDA say never to restore using PIM from even old ROMs on the same phone, much less a completely different phone.

Message 125 of 128
Teacher

redpoint73 wrote:

Yes, how the PC is identifying the phone will show up on the ActiveSync window after you connect the phone over USB.  I'm pretty sure it should say "Tilt 2".  Don't quite know for sure personally, since I've flashed to a custom ROM, and mine says "Touch Pro 2" now.

Restoring from your old phone may have screwed things up. I'm not sure about Sprite, but I've read knowledgable people on XDA say never to restore using PIM from even old ROMs on the same phone, much less a completely different phone.

It was the only way I knew to get all of my files onto my new phone.

Message 126 of 128
Professor

You could have moved documents onto a MicroSD card and migrate them that way.  As far as contacts, emails, etc., you could have synched to Outlook or Google Sync.

Like I said, I've never used Sprite Backup to migrate from one phone to another.  Maybe its designed to do that, I have no idea.

Message 127 of 128
Highlighted
Teacher

I just checked and the device id is the same as the id used in Activesync.

Message 128 of 128
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support