Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 9, 2011
6:52:38 PM
View profile
Purchasing a iPhone 4

I was going to switch over to AT&T from Tmobile to purchase a iPhone by the end of this month. The phone I have right now is under my mother's name and when I switch over, I plan to start my own contract.  I have no credit but I am aware of a down payment. Tmobile wanted me to pay a down payment of 50$ in order for me to have an individual plan so I'm hoping AT&T will ask the same.  

The thing I wanted to know was that if I do purchase a iPhone and start my own contract, can I get it for the asking price when getting the 2 year contract which is $199, or will they make me pay for the phone itself because of my no credit. Also, will they charge me for the phone right then and there, or will they charge it to my bill?

Thanks in advance

I was going to switch over to AT&T from Tmobile to purchase a iPhone by the end of this month. The phone I have right now is under my mother's name and when I switch over, I plan to start my own contract.  I have no credit but I am aware of a down payment. Tmobile wanted me to pay a down payment of 50$ in order for me to have an individual plan so I'm hoping AT&T will ask the same.  

The thing I wanted to know was that if I do purchase a iPhone and start my own contract, can I get it for the asking price when getting the 2 year contract which is $199, or will they make me pay for the phone itself because of my no credit. Also, will they charge me for the phone right then and there, or will they charge it to my bill?

Thanks in advance

Purchasing a iPhone 4

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2011 7:18:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Hi there!

I believe it will be very likely they may make you pay the full price for the iPhone as there is no credit history. If not, they may ask for a security deposit from you. Smiley Wink

They will charge you for the phone at the store, not on your bill. Smiley Wink

Let us know if you have anymore questions!

-Evandela
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Hi there!

I believe it will be very likely they may make you pay the full price for the iPhone as there is no credit history. If not, they may ask for a security deposit from you. Smiley Wink

They will charge you for the phone at the store, not on your bill. Smiley Wink

Let us know if you have anymore questions!

-Evandela
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Purchasing a iPhone 4

2 of 6 (830 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2011 7:45:50 PM
(0)
Professor

Be aware that the security deposit can be as high as $500.  The only way to find out what they will want as a security deposit is to apply for service.

If they wanted the full $500, you might as well buy the phone outright from Apple unlocked and then get post paid service from AT&T.

Be aware that the security deposit can be as high as $500.  The only way to find out what they will want as a security deposit is to apply for service.

If they wanted the full $500, you might as well buy the phone outright from Apple unlocked and then get post paid service from AT&T.

3 of 6 (818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2011 8:24:40 PM
(0)
Master
To correct the record, you can get your iPhone discounted with a two year contract but you will have to make a security deposit.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
To correct the record, you can get your iPhone discounted with a two year contract but you will have to make a security deposit.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

4 of 6 (808 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2011 9:35:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I see that you were planning to switch at the end of this month.  If you can, wait until the Apple announcement comes out before making your switch.  I think that either you will want the new iPhone, or you will still want the iPhone 4, which will probably drop in price once the new one comes out.  You could buy the iPhone 4 at the end of September and see the price drop on it literally days later.  The Apple announcement will take place (rumored) anywhere from September 29th-October 9th.

I see that you were planning to switch at the end of this month.  If you can, wait until the Apple announcement comes out before making your switch.  I think that either you will want the new iPhone, or you will still want the iPhone 4, which will probably drop in price once the new one comes out.  You could buy the iPhone 4 at the end of September and see the price drop on it literally days later.  The Apple announcement will take place (rumored) anywhere from September 29th-October 9th.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (769 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 1:10:00 PM
(0)
Master
Agreed. Please consider waitIng. There may be a new iPhone coming soon. Don't miss the opportunity to get it
Agreed. Please consider waitIng. There may be a new iPhone coming soon. Don't miss the opportunity to get it

6 of 6 (723 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments