Purchased 5MB data plan for GoPhone, but it is not working

Purchased 5MB data plan for GoPhone, but it is not working

Overview Locked to AT&T Atrix 4G purchased SIM free from reputable ebay seller (rumor has it they sell AT&T returns etc) Purchased GoPhone pre-paid SIM from ebay, has worked without issue for several months in non smartphone/basic phone Placed SIM in Atrix 4G and works fine for voice and SMS, data works fine over WiFi Today, purchased the $5 10MB data plan, shows up in my account as added without issue. Problem, it doesn't work, I have no Internet or data connectivity (gmail not syncing, Dolphin browser not working etc etc) All APN settings appear to be correct. What do I need to do to get this working? Any help appreciated.
Message 1 of 8 (744 Views)
Professor

Re: Purchased 5MB data plan for GoPhone, but it is not working

If you have cellular data widget, check that to ON.

Message 2 of 8 (727 Views)

I have 4 widgets available, Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi and Flight Mode, all are off, I turn the WiFi on and off as I need, and, as I stated previously, it all works fine when I switch on the WiFi - cannot see that any widget is available for turning data on or off. I'm truly puzzled over this, on the face of it, it should be working.
Message 3 of 8 (719 Views)
Professor

Data widget is all by itself.
Message 4 of 8 (710 Views)

I cannot locate this widget, I have system version 4.5.91, android 2.3.4 - any pointers?
Message 5 of 8 (708 Views)

Found it, under Settings > Battery & data manager >Data delivery > Data enabled
Message 6 of 8 (707 Views)

Oh...thanks for the help..all seems to be working now.
Message 7 of 8 (706 Views)
Professor

You're welcome.Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8 (703 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.