Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 30, 2010
9:29:45 AM
View profile
Proximity Sensor After iOS 4.1 Update

I did the iOS 4.1 update and now have problems with my proximity sensor not working properly.  I can press number keys and end the call when I am on the phone.  I did not have PS problems before the update.  I understand that the update was supposed to improve the PS, and has for other users.  Has anyone else had issues since the update, but didn't have them before?

I did the iOS 4.1 update and now have problems with my proximity sensor not working properly.  I can press number keys and end the call when I am on the phone.  I did not have PS problems before the update.  I understand that the update was supposed to improve the PS, and has for other users.  Has anyone else had issues since the update, but didn't have them before?

Proximity Sensor After iOS 4.1 Update

14 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2010 2:06:32 PM
(0)
Tutor
I also have issues with my proximity sensor after the update... Never had any issues before. Wishing I wouldn't have updated Smiley Sad
I also have issues with my proximity sensor after the update... Never had any issues before. Wishing I wouldn't have updated Smiley Sad

Re: Proximity Sensor After iOS 4.1 Update

2 of 15 (1,506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2010 3:47:46 PM
(0)
Professor

It helps to know that I am not the only one.  I wish I had not updated either!

It helps to know that I am not the only one.  I wish I had not updated either!

3 of 15 (1,489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2010 4:09:57 PM
(0)
Guru
I had no problems before the update and now when I'm on speakerphone and the phone is not close to anything the screen goes black when I'm trying to punch numbers in on the keypad.
I had no problems before the update and now when I'm on speakerphone and the phone is not close to anything the screen goes black when I'm trying to punch numbers in on the keypad.

4 of 15 (1,484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 8:23:22 AM
(0)
Professor

I haven't noticed this yet.  I probably need to make a call to an automated system tonight.  I will let you know what happens.

I haven't noticed this yet.  I probably need to make a call to an automated system tonight.  I will let you know what happens.

5 of 15 (1,399 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 4:17:50 PM
(0)
Scholar

I had the problem before 4.1, and I still have the problem after 4.1 Smiley Sad

6 of 15 (1,347 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 8:20:19 PM
(0)
Professor

kw83028 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that, kw.  My friend had bad PS problems before the update, but now the PS performs much better for her.  Apple offered an exchange on my phone.  I haven't decided whether or not to take it.

kw83028 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that, kw.  My friend had bad PS problems before the update, but now the PS performs much better for her.  Apple offered an exchange on my phone.  I haven't decided whether or not to take it.

7 of 15 (1,323 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 8:11:19 PM
(0)
Scholar

I had major proximity sensor issues on the first 3 iPhones I tried, after the 4.1 update, I've had none -- it works great now, no more face-pressing of buttons.

I had major proximity sensor issues on the first 3 iPhones I tried, after the 4.1 update, I've had none -- it works great now, no more face-pressing of buttons.

8 of 15 (1,254 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 8:37:42 PM
(0)
Scholar

I honestly don't get what was so hard to make them work the same as the first 3 phones. That's probably the easiest part of all the technology in the phone. It's amazing the issues they are having with this...LOL

I honestly don't get what was so hard to make them work the same as the first 3 phones. That's probably the easiest part of all the technology in the phone. It's amazing the issues they are having with this...LOL

9 of 15 (1,245 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2010 1:44:25 PM
(0)
Scholar

WRIGHTRACING wrote:

I'd say of the millions sold vs. the handful of unsubstantiated postings here hardly warrant a proximity sensor issue with a 4.1'd iPhone-4.

WRIGHTRACING wrote:

I'd say of the millions sold vs. the handful of unsubstantiated postings here hardly warrant a proximity sensor issue with a 4.1'd iPhone-4.

10 of 15 (1,204 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2010 2:31:03 PM
(0)
Scholar
How many of the first 3 designs had problems?

11 of 15 (605 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2010 2:45:44 PM
(0)
Guru

I have to say im on the opposite end
ios 4.1 HELPED my prox sensor alot...
I havent had a single issue with mine since the update

I have to say im on the opposite end
ios 4.1 HELPED my prox sensor alot...
I havent had a single issue with mine since the update

12 of 15 (602 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2010 5:34:16 PM
(0)
Scholar

WRIGHTRACING wrote:

Probably a more accurate way to phrase your question would be:

How many of the first 3 designs are 'saying' they had problems?

There isn't any way to substantiate any of what is typed here.  If you're having issues, go to the Genius Bar -- probably more productive than typing stuff here Smiley Wink

WRIGHTRACING wrote:

Probably a more accurate way to phrase your question would be:

How many of the first 3 designs are 'saying' they had problems?

There isn't any way to substantiate any of what is typed here.  If you're having issues, go to the Genius Bar -- probably more productive than typing stuff here Smiley Wink

13 of 15 (584 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2010 3:24:31 PM
(0)
Scholar

I have the problem with the sensor before OS 4.1 and still after. Anyone been able to fix the issue or is my option to make an appointment at the genius bar?

Thanks

Boobie1998

I have the problem with the sensor before OS 4.1 and still after. Anyone been able to fix the issue or is my option to make an appointment at the genius bar?

Thanks

Boobie1998

14 of 15 (495 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2010 4:27:49 PM
(0)
Professor

Genius Bar would be my suggestion.  I haven't seen any fixes. Smiley Sad