Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 8, 2008
9:55:27 PM
View profile
Proper Way to Disconnect, Problems Shutting Down Since Communications Programs Software Installed
Is anyone having problems after disconnecting from a session?

Since installing the AT&T Communication Manager program I have had problems turning off my laptop, hibernating, or going into standby mode.  It will freeze, and I have to do a hard button shutdown.

I have tried disconnecting from the communication program, and then simply removing the wireless card.  I have tried disconnecting from the session, and then using "Safely Remove Hardware," which seems to make it worse.

Even if I do get disconnected without a problem, sometimes if I go back for another session, the wireless device is not detected until I restart my laptop.

I am using the Option GT Ultra card, version 6.7.18.0 AT&T Communications Manger software, and Windows XP Media edition.

Any suggestions appreciated, have been using this for less than a week.

Thanks, Pat

Since installing the AT&T Communication Manager program I have had problems turning off my laptop, hibernating, or going into standby mode.  It will freeze, and I have to do a hard button shutdown.

I have tried disconnecting from the communication program, and then simply removing the wireless card.  I have tried disconnecting from the session, and then using "Safely Remove Hardware," which seems to make it worse.

Even if I do get disconnected without a problem, sometimes if I go back for another session, the wireless device is not detected until I restart my laptop.

I am using the Option GT Ultra card, version 6.7.18.0 AT&T Communications Manger software, and Windows XP Media edition.

Thanks, Pat

Proper Way to Disconnect, Problems Shutting Down Since Communications Programs Software Installed

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2008 10:44:27 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

pathann wrote:

Thanks, Pat

Try this, and ignore the title (because the Ultra does install a USB root hub).

pathann wrote:

Thanks, Pat

Try this, and ignore the title (because the Ultra does install a USB root hub).

Re: Proper Way to Disconnect, Problems Shutting Down Since Communications Programs Software Installed

2 of 3 (2,071 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2008 8:44:41 AM
(0)
Scholar
I don't know if if will help...but there is a newer version of Communication Manager available (6.7.24):

I don't know if if will help...but there is a newer version of Communication Manager available (6.7.24):

Problems Shutting Down Since Communications Programs Software Installed

3 of 3 (2,050 Views)