Proper Way to Disconnect, Problems Shutting Down Since Communications Programs Software Installed

Teacher

Proper Way to Disconnect, Problems Shutting Down Since Communications Programs Software Installed

Is anyone having problems after disconnecting from a session?

Since installing the AT&T Communication Manager program I have had problems turning off my laptop, hibernating, or going into standby mode.  It will freeze, and I have to do a hard button shutdown.

I have tried disconnecting from the communication program, and then simply removing the wireless card.  I have tried disconnecting from the session, and then using "Safely Remove Hardware," which seems to make it worse.

Even if I do get disconnected without a problem, sometimes if I go back for another session, the wireless device is not detected until I restart my laptop.

I am using the Option GT Ultra card, version 6.7.18.0 AT&T Communications Manger software, and Windows XP Media edition.

Any suggestions appreciated, have been using this for less than a week.

Thanks, Pat

Message 1 of 3 (2,087 Views)
Former Moderator

Re: Proper Way to Disconnect, Problems Shutting Down Since Communications Programs Software Installed

pathann wrote:
Is anyone having problems after disconnecting from a session?

Since installing the AT&T Communication Manager program I have had problems turning off my laptop, hibernating, or going into standby mode.  It will freeze, and I have to do a hard button shutdown.

I have tried disconnecting from the communication program, and then simply removing the wireless card.  I have tried disconnecting from the session, and then using "Safely Remove Hardware," which seems to make it worse.

Even if I do get disconnected without a problem, sometimes if I go back for another session, the wireless device is not detected until I restart my laptop.

I am using the Option GT Ultra card, version 6.7.18.0 AT&T Communications Manger software, and Windows XP Media edition.

Any suggestions appreciated, have been using this for less than a week.

Thanks, Pat

Try this, and ignore the title (because the Ultra does install a USB root hub).

Message 2 of 3 (2,085 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Problems Shutting Down Since Communications Programs Software Installed

I don't know if if will help...but there is a newer version of Communication Manager available (6.7.24):

Message 3 of 3 (2,064 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.