Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 6, 2011
9:37:01 AM
View profile
Problems with Text Message Time Stamps since Daylight Savings

Ever since my phone updated itself for daylight savings time, all the text messages I recieve have a time stamp that is about a half an hour before the actual time (where as my outgoing messages have the correct time stamp on my phone).  Occasionally, a text will be received with a time stamp that is an hour and a half before the actual time.  Since my phone stores messages chronologically, it has become a huge hassle to scroll through my texts in each conversation and try to pick out the new message.  My sister, who also has a Pantech (but a different model), is having the same problem.  We've both tried to turn our phones off, taken out the battery, taken out the SIM card, but nothing seems to be helping.  Is anyone else having this problem or are there any solutions?

Just to try to clarify a little more: 

If I send a message to my sister at 12:00, when she receives it, the time stamp is 11:30.  On my phone the message's time stamp is 12:00.  If she sends me a message at 12:00, I recieve it with a time stamp of 11:30, but her phone says she sent it at 12:00.  Because the messages are sorted based on the time stamp, our conversation is all out of order.

Ever since my phone updated itself for daylight savings time, all the text messages I recieve have a time stamp that is about a half an hour before the actual time (where as my outgoing messages have the correct time stamp on my phone).  Occasionally, a text will be received with a time stamp that is an hour and a half before the actual time.  Since my phone stores messages chronologically, it has become a huge hassle to scroll through my texts in each conversation and try to pick out the new message.  My sister, who also has a Pantech (but a different model), is having the same problem.  We've both tried to turn our phones off, taken out the battery, taken out the SIM card, but nothing seems to be helping.  Is anyone else having this problem or are there any solutions?

Just to try to clarify a little more: 

If I send a message to my sister at 12:00, when she receives it, the time stamp is 11:30.  On my phone the message's time stamp is 12:00.  If she sends me a message at 12:00, I recieve it with a time stamp of 11:30, but her phone says she sent it at 12:00.  Because the messages are sorted based on the time stamp, our conversation is all out of order.

Problems with Text Message Time Stamps since Daylight Savings

18 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(18)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 10:26:01 AM
(0)
Contributor

Mine is doing the same stinking thing! I also tried, multiple times, to take out the battery and sim card with no luck. It has just started since the time change, and the more I look online the more I see that Pantechs are having this problem! Plus with the fact you can't take it out of conversation mode, it just gets so annoying and confusing!  I hope AT&T will comment on this and say how to fix it! I'm close to just Factory reseting it.

Mine is doing the same stinking thing! I also tried, multiple times, to take out the battery and sim card with no luck. It has just started since the time change, and the more I look online the more I see that Pantechs are having this problem! Plus with the fact you can't take it out of conversation mode, it just gets so annoying and confusing!  I hope AT&T will comment on this and say how to fix it! I'm close to just Factory reseting it.

Re: Problems with Text Message Time Stamps since Daylight Savings

2 of 19 (3,657 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 11:39:42 AM
(0)
Contributor

It's not just the Pantech.  I have the Samsung Infuse 4G and it is doing the same thing.  It is driving me absolutely CRAZY!  If anyone figures out what the problem is ... please share!

It's not just the Pantech.  I have the Samsung Infuse 4G and it is doing the same thing.  It is driving me absolutely CRAZY!  If anyone figures out what the problem is ... please share!

3 of 19 (3,605 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 12:31:35 PM
(0)
Tutor

Its definitely not just Pantech, I have an HTC Freestyle and my sister has a razr, And its doing the same thing to us, Its really annoying!!! How do we fix this?

Its definitely not just Pantech, I have an HTC Freestyle and my sister has a razr, And its doing the same thing to us, Its really annoying!!! How do we fix this?

4 of 19 (3,550 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 12:33:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the exact same problem. Incoming texts are about 1/2 hour earlier than real time. This happened once Daylight Savings time adjusted in the phone. I have a Pantech Link.  Text conversations are out of order. My husband seems to think it will correct itself eventually. I am doubtful. Does anyone have any ideas?

I am having the exact same problem. Incoming texts are about 1/2 hour earlier than real time. This happened once Daylight Savings time adjusted in the phone. I have a Pantech Link.  Text conversations are out of order. My husband seems to think it will correct itself eventually. I am doubtful. Does anyone have any ideas?

5 of 19 (3,549 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 12:44:04 PM
(0)
Tutor
Okay well now its about a minute behind, But it still isnt right, It wont show the conversation as it should in my phone, I`m getting annoyed
Okay well now its about a minute behind, But it still isnt right, It wont show the conversation as it should in my phone, I`m getting annoyed

6 of 19 (3,545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 1:01:34 PM
(0)
Contributor

Now its only off about a minute or so but the conversations are not in order so its very annoying and frustrating???????

Now its only off about a minute or so but the conversations are not in order so its very annoying and frustrating???????

7 of 19 (3,539 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 1:09:42 PM
(0)
Tutor
Yes it is, Now mine is like 2 or so minutes ahead, What the freak at&t????
Yes it is, Now mine is like 2 or so minutes ahead, What the freak at&t????

8 of 19 (3,527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 2:51:09 PM
(0)
Tutor
I went from being half an hour behind, To now 10 minutes ahead...Whats going on?????
I went from being half an hour behind, To now 10 minutes ahead...Whats going on?????

9 of 19 (3,448 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 4:35:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

great now the time stamp is 15 minutes into the future

great now the time stamp is 15 minutes into the future

10 of 19 (3,387 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 4:38:31 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having this problem as well. I have a samsung captivate so its not just one model but all phones with at&t. I called customer service and according to the tech department, it is the whole company and they've been working on the problem since people started calling in. I'm hoping it's taken care of soon because it is irritating me quite a bit as well.

I'm having this problem as well. I have a samsung captivate so its not just one model but all phones with at&t. I called customer service and according to the tech department, it is the whole company and they've been working on the problem since people started calling in. I'm hoping it's taken care of soon because it is irritating me quite a bit as well.

11 of 19 (3,114 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 5:17:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the same problem, i have the Impulse 4g, and ever since the clocks changed I've been having a problem with my text messaging threads because all my texts are out of order since none of the times are right and are either in the future or behind. I really hope it's fixed soon because it is getting a bit irritating..

I'm having the same problem, i have the Impulse 4g, and ever since the clocks changed I've been having a problem with my text messaging threads because all my texts are out of order since none of the times are right and are either in the future or behind. I really hope it's fixed soon because it is getting a bit irritating..

12 of 19 (3,094 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 6:04:15 PM
(0)
Contributor

my inspire 4g is now looking at a +17min. time stamp

my inspire 4g is now looking at a +17min. time stamp

13 of 19 (3,061 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 7:15:47 PM
(0)
Contributor
My HTC inspire 4G is + 18 minutes now! super annoying, I hope they fix it soon
My HTC inspire 4G is + 18 minutes now! super annoying, I hope they fix it soon

14 of 19 (3,009 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 7:34:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have a +22 time stamp with mine. Really want to see this fixed soon. Like the next hour or so.

I have a +22 time stamp with mine. Really want to see this fixed soon. Like the next hour or so.

15 of 19 (2,994 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 8:46:09 PM
(0)
Contributor

Still having the issue, any solutions?

Still having the issue, any solutions?

16 of 19 (2,946 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 8:55:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

Not really. We just have to sit and hope at&t gets their act together and fixes it. I do have +16 time stamps now so its some progress.

Not really. We just have to sit and hope at&t gets their act together and fixes it. I do have +16 time stamps now so its some progress.

17 of 19 (2,934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2011 3:20:30 AM
(0)
Contributor

aw  man so close only about +10sec. off

aw  man so close only about +10sec. off

18 of 19 (2,889 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2011 7:07:56 AM
(0)
Contributor

This is getting very annoying...I have the samsung captivate and so does my brother I have been having all these text problems but he hasn't?  I hope at&t get their act together and get this fixed soon!!!!

This is getting very annoying...I have the samsung captivate and so does my brother I have been having all these text problems but he hasn't?  I hope at&t get their act together and get this fixed soon!!!!

19 of 19 (2,874 Views)