Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 6, 2011
1:12:15 PM
View profile
Problems with Receiving Texts

Purchased Samsung Captivate January 2011. On several occasions I have not been able to receive texts and AT&T reps said to remove SIM card and insert it into another AT&T device. When I do this it solves the issue but that's not at all convenient. The latest occurrence was today and the rep in the warranty dept. said the problem is the network. I feel it's the device. Anyone else having this problem with their Captivate? Really perturbed about this issue. Paying for insurance on this phone and I feel that it should be replaced.

Purchased Samsung Captivate January 2011. On several occasions I have not been able to receive texts and AT&T reps said to remove SIM card and insert it into another AT&T device. When I do this it solves the issue but that's not at all convenient. The latest occurrence was today and the rep in the warranty dept. said the problem is the network. I feel it's the device. Anyone else having this problem with their Captivate? Really perturbed about this issue. Paying for insurance on this phone and I feel that it should be replaced.

Problems with Receiving Texts

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2011 4:56:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I've had mine since Valentine's Day, 2011. There are some times when I get delayed incoming text messages, but I feel that is a network problem because I had temporarily no service at those times. It's often very frustrating because in my own living/family room every day I always get repeatedly failed text messages when I'm trying to send outbound, and sometimes incoming messages are delayed.

I don't, nor have I ever, have any problems sending or receiving text messages with my Captivate, but if you feel that it is an issue for you, you can decide to have the phone replaced. I don't think it's that major of an issue as the phone otherwise seems to be fine, but certainly annoying.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I've had mine since Valentine's Day, 2011. There are some times when I get delayed incoming text messages, but I feel that is a network problem because I had temporarily no service at those times. It's often very frustrating because in my own living/family room every day I always get repeatedly failed text messages when I'm trying to send outbound, and sometimes incoming messages are delayed.

I don't, nor have I ever, have any problems sending or receiving text messages with my Captivate, but if you feel that it is an issue for you, you can decide to have the phone replaced. I don't think it's that major of an issue as the phone otherwise seems to be fine, but certainly annoying.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Problems with Receiving Texts

2 of 4 (465 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2011 5:54:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have delayed texts, as well. Major issue with my texts going out this summer when i'm in my home. I've had to resend the same text as many as 4 times to my daughter who lives next door! I wish they'd give me a new phone! The first rep said I would get one because she said in no way should I be having to put my SIM in another phone, but the second rep said it was a "network" problem, and that there have been a variety of network problems. I'm skeptical, and  I'm hoping to hear back from people to see if they're having the same problem I am. Thanks for the feedback!

I have delayed texts, as well. Major issue with my texts going out this summer when i'm in my home. I've had to resend the same text as many as 4 times to my daughter who lives next door! I wish they'd give me a new phone! The first rep said I would get one because she said in no way should I be having to put my SIM in another phone, but the second rep said it was a "network" problem, and that there have been a variety of network problems. I'm skeptical, and  I'm hoping to hear back from people to see if they're having the same problem I am. Thanks for the feedback!

3 of 4 (461 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2011 6:15:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

cheddarbaysusan wrote:

Sometimes I have to send my text messages up to six or seven times to get them to send. I've found that switching from rooms with different service signal strengths plays a role in the failure and successful sending of text messages. It's almost as if going into a different room throws the phone's signal strength off track. Simply turning it on and back off has fixed it before earlier this week.

But you're welcome.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

cheddarbaysusan wrote:

Sometimes I have to send my text messages up to six or seven times to get them to send. I've found that switching from rooms with different service signal strengths plays a role in the failure and successful sending of text messages. It's almost as if going into a different room throws the phone's signal strength off track. Simply turning it on and back off has fixed it before earlier this week.

But you're welcome.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (458 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments