Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 18, 2012
7:15:32 PM
Problems trying to upgrade phone.

I'm trying to upgrade from a old style phone to a new smart phone but it keeps getting stuck in the cart on selecting a plan.  I'm already part of a family minute plan but it just keeps repeating on the add a plan thing.  Any idea what I should do?

I'm trying to upgrade from a old style phone to a new smart phone but it keeps getting stuck in the cart on selecting a plan.  I'm already part of a family minute plan but it just keeps repeating on the add a plan thing.  Any idea what I should do?

Problems trying to upgrade phone.

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2012 7:56:24 PM
(0)
Master

It may be looking for you to add a data plan that is appropriate for the phone you are choosing?  Are you the main account holder for the family plan?  

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

It may be looking for you to add a data plan that is appropriate for the phone you are choosing?  Are you the main account holder for the family plan?  

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Problems trying to upgrade phone.

2 of 6 (645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2012 9:36:49 PM
(0)
Tutor

yes I am the main account holder.  I'm trying to do it for my sons phone.  I tried deleting his moble web from the old phone and see if it would let me do it that way but still gets stuck on step 2. 

This is the message I am getting.

Important info about your cart...Close

All incompatible services will be removed from your current shopping cart if you continue.

Existing items in account:

Data Unlimited for Non-Smartphones (Messaging Unlimited required) (on account)

Newly added item in cart:

Apple iPhone 4S - 16 GB - Black

I still don't see why this isn't working.   When I click continute it goes straight to your current paln and I get this message. 

We were not able to return details about your plan.
Details

and nothing.

yes I am the main account holder.  I'm trying to do it for my sons phone.  I tried deleting his moble web from the old phone and see if it would let me do it that way but still gets stuck on step 2. 

All incompatible services will be removed from your current shopping cart if you continue.

I still don't see why this isn't working.   When I click continute it goes straight to your current paln and I get this message. 

Details

and nothing.

3 of 6 (635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 3:57:19 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Jun 19, 2012 at 3:58:16 AM

Speedracer11g wrote:

Details

and nothing.

When you say remove the mobile web - did you do this via the feature set page for the number? If so you might want to give it 24 hours for the removal to process before you try ordering the phone again. Also seem to remmeber you need to add the correct data plan when ordering the smartphone

Speedracer11g wrote:

Details

and nothing.

When you say remove the mobile web - did you do this via the feature set page for the number? If so you might want to give it 24 hours for the removal to process before you try ordering the phone again. Also seem to remmeber you need to add the correct data plan when ordering the smartphone

[ Edited ]
4 of 6 (627 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 5:31:28 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yes I did it on the moble features page on the account managment screen.   

When I put it in cart, for a second it says select data plan but then goes straight to saying that it can't find the plan I am on.

Yes I did it on the moble features page on the account managment screen.   

When I put it in cart, for a second it says select data plan but then goes straight to saying that it can't find the plan I am on.

5 of 6 (616 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 6:28:25 AM
(0)
Tutor

I'm just gonna go to the at&t store later in the week during my lunch hour and hope they can get this sorted out for me in under 45 minutes......

Thank yu so much for your help wingrider 01. 

I'm just gonna go to the at&t store later in the week during my lunch hour and hope they can get this sorted out for me in under 45 minutes......

Thank yu so much for your help wingrider 01. 

6 of 6 (608 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments