Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 20, 2010
12:55:23 PM
Problems reveiving texts from particular sender since 12/8

Anybody else in the CLT/NC area having issues receiving texts from certain parties? Some seem to get through fine, but others do not?  AT&T support has done very little to help, other than toss me around from tech to sales, to tech to sales. I've probably spoke to 5-7 people now. Open a case as well, still no world.  They sure know how to avoid telling me something is wrong on their end. 

Anybody else in the CLT/NC area having issues receiving texts from certain parties? Some seem to get through fine, but others do not?  AT&T support has done very little to help, other than toss me around from tech to sales, to tech to sales. I've probably spoke to 5-7 people now. Open a case as well, still no world.  They sure know how to avoid telling me something is wrong on their end. 

Problems reveiving texts from particular sender since 12/8

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2010 11:12:22 AM
(0)
Tutor

Resolved:  So after speaking to 9, that's correct NINE!! AT&T people, I asked my alarm company to change the txt.att.net to mms.att.net and it somehow magically resolved it.   I got quite the run around from AT&T and not ONE of their techs or agents recommended this.  I just happend to read it somewhere on here about the mms.att.net and decided to try it.

Once my contract is up, i'm out.  "Can you hear me now" :manwink:

Resolved:  So after speaking to 9, that's correct NINE!! AT&T people, I asked my alarm company to change the txt.att.net to mms.att.net and it somehow magically resolved it.   I got quite the run around from AT&T and not ONE of their techs or agents recommended this.  I just happend to read it somewhere on here about the mms.att.net and decided to try it.

Once my contract is up, i'm out.  "Can you hear me now" :manwink:

Re: Problems reveiving texts from particular sender since 12/8

2 of 2 (398 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments