Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 23, 2012
9:34:08 AM
View profile
Problem with Tethering

I have an Iphone 4S and I recently added tethering. The first time I tethered it to my laptop, it worked perfectly. But now every time I try it my laptop doesn't "see" the iphone connection at all. I am using a USB cable to do the tethering and I followed all the steps to turn on my personal hotspot and that seems to be working. Any ideas on why my laptop is not seeing the network?

I have an Iphone 4S and I recently added tethering. The first time I tethered it to my laptop, it worked perfectly. But now every time I try it my laptop doesn't "see" the iphone connection at all. I am using a USB cable to do the tethering and I followed all the steps to turn on my personal hotspot and that seems to be working. Any ideas on why my laptop is not seeing the network?

Problem with Tethering

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2012 11:08:52 AM
(0)
Professor
You may need to refresh or repair the network, whatever your laptop O/S calls it. That problem comes up when switching from one network to another. The last resort is a laptop reboot.
You may need to refresh or repair the network, whatever your laptop O/S calls it. That problem comes up when switching from one network to another. The last resort is a laptop reboot.

Re: Problem with Tethering

2 of 3 (315 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2012 2:31:02 PM
(0)
Expert

nikitadog31 wrote:

here is the link to ATT's instructions on USB tethering

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB111130&cv=820#fbid=lwLw0L9nW_5

nikitadog31 wrote:

here is the link to ATT's instructions on USB tethering

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB111130&cv=820#fbid=lwLw0L9nW_5

Re: Problem with Tethering

3 of 3 (307 Views)