Private Number Blocking

Contributor

Private Number Blocking

Is there a way to block private numbers from calling a wireless cell phone from AT&T? For example, my device is the LG Neon II (GW370), and I want to prevent private calls from calling me entirely. I know you can set the No Caller ID to silent, but it interferes with whatever I'm doing and it's annoying. I just don't want private calls to come in at all. I know you can do it on a landline, but can private calls be blocked from cell phones as well?

Message 1 of 4 (7,393 Views)

Re: Private Number Blocking

No, you can not block all unknown calls/private calls with at&t's mobile service. You can how ever block specific numbers with certain features and devices.

Message 2 of 4 (7,222 Views)
Contributor

Actually you CAN block private numbers by calling you entirely, you must enroll in Smart Limits and it does allow blocking of all private and unknown numbers as well as certain numbers.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 4 (4,787 Views)
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed, as it is very old. 

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 4 of 4 (4,782 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.