Print Out of Text Messages?

Contributor

Print Out of Text Messages?

Is there any way for a parent of a 14 year old to get a print out of their child's text messages?

Message 1 of 5 (12,438 Views)

Re: Print Out of Text Messages?

No there is not. AT&T only keeps the time and number of the text sent or received.

Message 2 of 5 (12,413 Views)
Mentor

yep...actually recently learned that even with a subpoena there is no way to get those messages after they have been deleted y both parties.  Very interesting news indeed.  Sorry Smiley Sad

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (12,378 Views)
Employee

could always just demand she hand over the phone. i mean you are the parent and i doubt she pays the bill.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5 (12,362 Views)
Scholar

If it is a smartphone, there is monitoring software you can install which will store messages in the background for you to retrieve later.  Google 'smartphone monitoring software'

This would be a great opportunity for AT&T to add a new service - for an additional $5/month they store all of your child's messages for you to download. 

Message 5 of 5 (12,335 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.