Wireless Forums

Posted Dec 17, 2011
2:31:51 PM
View profile
Prepaid with BlackBerry. Do I have to buy a data plan?

I bought an unlocked Blackberry 9100 and I was going to purchase a sim card for it today to do the 10 cent/min prepaid and when I added the sim card to my cart it gives me a notice that says:

"If your device is a PDA, smartphone, or BlackBerry®, you will require a minimum $15/month data service

If you don't select a data service, one will be added automatically after activation."

Do I have to buy a data plan if I do the prepaid 10cent/min plan? If I do have to, will the $5 for 10mb option work?

I bought an unlocked Blackberry 9100 and I was going to purchase a sim card for it today to do the 10 cent/min prepaid and when I added the sim card to my cart it gives me a notice that says:

"If your device is a PDA, smartphone, or BlackBerry®, you will require a minimum $15/month data service

If you don't select a data service, one will be added automatically after activation."

Do I have to buy a data plan if I do the prepaid 10cent/min plan? If I do have to, will the $5 for 10mb option work?

Prepaid with BlackBerry. Do I have to buy a data plan?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2011 9:21:28 AM
(0)
Scholar

porter44 wrote:

Assuming you bought the SIM card for prepaid service, you can just ignore that notice. The mandatory $15/month data plan only applies to postpaid/contract customers.

porter44 wrote:

Assuming you bought the SIM card for prepaid service, you can just ignore that notice. The mandatory $15/month data plan only applies to postpaid/contract customers.

Re: Prepaid with BlackBerry. Do I have to buy a data plan?

2 of 3 (1,618 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2011 4:30:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
That is correct. A data plan for your prepaid BlackBerry is not mandatory as it is with post paid users. You can use a data plan if you really wanted to, though. But I think it's good enough as it is.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

That is correct. A data plan for your prepaid BlackBerry is not mandatory as it is with post paid users. You can use a data plan if you really wanted to, though. But I think it's good enough as it is.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Prepaid with BlackBerry. Do I have to buy a data plan?

3 of 3 (1,606 Views)