Prepaid plans for foreigner

Contributor

Prepaid plans for foreigner

Hi!

I will be visiting USA during this summer. I unlocked my phone so I can insert SIM card of any provider. My phone works on GSM / GPRS 900/1800/1900. I am looking for the cheapest offer to keep in touch with my family in Poland. Can I buy a something like a starer (a new SIM card, with new number) in a supermarket? How to activate this service http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB109950#fbid=QUkDAbsvAlE ? I do not want to buy a new phone, and I do not want to sign any contract.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 3
Master

Re: Prepaid plans for foreigner

You can obtain a new SIM and fund your prepaid account by visiting a local at&t store once you arrive - imo, that's the easiest way to handle it.  AFAIK, at&t does not sell "starter" SIMs in supermarkets, etc. - you'll have to visit an at&t or an authorized retailer.  You don't have to purchase a new phone or sign a contract to obtain prepaid service.

That said, if your existing device does not also support the 850 mhz frequency, you may have coverage issues with at&t's service.  They use both the 850 and 1900 mhz GSM bands.  Plus, at&t no longer offers "Pick Your Plan" prepaid service - only the "Pay as You Go" type is available for new customers.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Prepaid plans for foreigner

is there any other possibility to call cheap to Poland on prepaid service?

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support