Helpful Links

Prepaid plans for foreigner


Prepaid plans for foreigner


I will be visiting USA during this summer. I unlocked my phone so I can insert SIM card of any provider. My phone works on GSM / GPRS 900/1800/1900. I am looking for the cheapest offer to keep in touch with my family in Poland. Can I buy a something like a starer (a new SIM card, with new number) in a supermarket? How to activate this service ? I do not want to buy a new phone, and I do not want to sign any contract.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 3

Re: Prepaid plans for foreigner

You can obtain a new SIM and fund your prepaid account by visiting a local at&t store once you arrive - imo, that's the easiest way to handle it.  AFAIK, at&t does not sell "starter" SIMs in supermarkets, etc. - you'll have to visit an at&t or an authorized retailer.  You don't have to purchase a new phone or sign a contract to obtain prepaid service.


That said, if your existing device does not also support the 850 mhz frequency, you may have coverage issues with at&t's service.  They use both the 850 and 1900 mhz GSM bands.  Plus, at&t no longer offers "Pick Your Plan" prepaid service - only the "Pay as You Go" type is available for new customers.

There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

     - Doug Larson

Message 2 of 3

Re: Prepaid plans for foreigner

is there any other possibility to call cheap to Poland on prepaid service?

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support