Helpful Links

Prepaid phone lost, how can I transfer phone number and money?

Contributor

Prepaid phone lost, how can I transfer phone number and money?

Hi, There

I lost my prepaid phone.

How can I get active a new sim card with my old number and transfer money to this new simcared?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
Master

Re: Prepaid phone lost, how can I transfer phone number and money?

You need to contact customer service and report your phone as being lost/stolen. They will deactivate your current SIM so that it cannot be used by someone else.  Then once you obtain a new unactivated replacement SIM (you can make arrangements for one through customer service, obtain one at an at&t store, or purchase one on eBay, etc.) you need to contact customer service again.  They will be able to transfer your account information, phone number, and existing account balance to the new SIM.  (If you visit an at&t store, they can do all of this for you in one visit - but I'd at least get it reported as lost/stolen as quickly as possible so that someone can't use up your existing account balance.  If you will add funds to the account while you are in a Corporate at&t store, they probably will not charge you for the replacement SIM.)

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support