Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 19, 2011
11:55:02 PM
View profile
Prepaid phone lost, how can I transfer phone number and money?

Hi, There

I lost my prepaid phone.

How can I get active a new sim card with my old number and transfer money to this new simcared?

Thanks

Hi, There

I lost my prepaid phone.

How can I get active a new sim card with my old number and transfer money to this new simcared?

Thanks

Prepaid phone lost, how can I transfer phone number and money?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2011 5:02:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by hme83 on Oct 20, 2011 at 5:04:17 AM

You need to contact customer service and report your phone as being lost/stolen. They will deactivate your current SIM so that it cannot be used by someone else.  Then once you obtain a new unactivated replacement SIM (you can make arrangements for one through customer service, obtain one at an at&t store, or purchase one on eBay, etc.) you need to contact customer service again.  They will be able to transfer your account information, phone number, and existing account balance to the new SIM.  (If you visit an at&t store, they can do all of this for you in one visit - but I'd at least get it reported as lost/stolen as quickly as possible so that someone can't use up your existing account balance.  If you will add funds to the account while you are in a Corporate at&t store, they probably will not charge you for the replacement SIM.)

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

You need to contact customer service and report your phone as being lost/stolen. They will deactivate your current SIM so that it cannot be used by someone else.  Then once you obtain a new unactivated replacement SIM (you can make arrangements for one through customer service, obtain one at an at&t store, or purchase one on eBay, etc.) you need to contact customer service again.  They will be able to transfer your account information, phone number, and existing account balance to the new SIM.  (If you visit an at&t store, they can do all of this for you in one visit - but I'd at least get it reported as lost/stolen as quickly as possible so that someone can't use up your existing account balance.  If you will add funds to the account while you are in a Corporate at&t store, they probably will not charge you for the replacement SIM.)

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Prepaid phone lost, how can I transfer phone number and money?

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (990 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments