Prepaid Relocation

Contributor

Prepaid Relocation

I have a new GoPhone not yet activated. Can I activate it now, and then later change the phone number to one of my choosing? I currently have a prepaid phone with another carrier. Once I use up those minutes, I will cancel that account and would like to move the old number to my new GoPhone at that time. If that's possible, how much would it cost, or can I do it for free in store? Would I be able to transfer credit from the GoPhone account I would set up right now? Thanks!
Message 1 of 4 (269 Views)
Former Community Manager

Re: Prepaid Relocation

In order to change your number on a pre-paid line, you'll need to contact Customer Care (1-800-331-0500 or dial 611 from your phone). 

The typical fee for changing your number is $36. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (250 Views)

jamileh wrote:

In order to change your number on a pre-paid line, you'll need to contact Customer Care (1-800-331-0500 or dial 611 from your phone). 

The typical fee for changing your number is $36. 

@Jamileh:  But Starbux says that she wants to port another number to her GoPhone.  They don't charge for porting, do they?

@Starbux:  You said that you are going to  "cancel that account and would like to move the old number".   If you cancel the account, you will not be able to port your number.  I suspect that you  would need to port before all of the old airtime is used up and before your expiration is reached.  

Am I not correct, Jamileh? 

Message 3 of 4 (224 Views)
Former Community Manager

You are correct that there is typically no charge for porting. I think we've interpreted her message differently and I hope Starbux will come back to us so we can continue to help out. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (221 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.