Prepaid Go phone service not compatible with Iphone

Contributor

Prepaid Go phone service not compatible with Iphone

Hi all,  I have just swtiched my prepaid go phone service from an android to an iphone.    The CSO told me that not all features of go phone will work on iphones.    They are still trying to resolve the issues.   They specifically told me that I will not get 3G data on the iphone.    Can any one  verify this please.

Message 1 of 5 (1,303 Views)
Professor

Re: Prepaid Go phone service not compatible with Iphone

The iPhone is not supported as a prepaid Gophone. Voice will work, but data generally won't. People have found unofficial ways to make it work, but it's not officially supported.
Message 2 of 5 (1,282 Views)
Contributor

would you please share with me what is the unofficial way to make it work.   many thanks

Message 3 of 5 (1,262 Views)
Professor

I don't believe it can be discussed here. You should be able to do a Google search and get all the information that you need.
Message 4 of 5 (1,234 Views)
Master

I'm using an iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 on a GoPhone plan. Everything works except 3G data - even MMS messaging.

There are ways to get 3G data to work, but I don't want nor need it, so I haven't taken advantage of it. I know how to do it, but unfortunately, that information cannot be discussed here.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 5 (1,189 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support