Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 7, 2011
9:28:23 PM
View profile
Prepaid + Data Plan?

I was thinking about getting the $25 Prepaid plan with 250 Mintues and Unlimited texting. I was wondering I could get the 2GB 4G data plan with it as well totalling to $50? 

I was thinking about getting the $25 Prepaid plan with 250 Mintues and Unlimited texting. I was wondering I could get the 2GB 4G data plan with it as well totalling to $50? 

Prepaid + Data Plan?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2011 6:33:21 AM
(0)
Scholar

richh1833 wrote:

That data plan isn't offered to GoPhone prepaid customers.

richh1833 wrote:

That data plan isn't offered to GoPhone prepaid customers.

Re: Prepaid + Data Plan?

2 of 4 (868 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2011 2:22:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

Try looking at ATT 'Data Connect Pass'

I purchased the $25 for 500mb and went through all kinds of trouble trying to get it to work. The plan works with new ATT equip (GoPhone), such as the Android or Apple products, but you cannot use it with an older device as a modem.

I never did find out if the data plan for GoPhone was only media net, but I think you can use regular data if you are using one of the fancy new devices.

ATT's website states support for any device bearing ATT branding, however this does not include GoPhone I am told. I get the impression that ATT is more geared toward Facebook Twittering with Iphones Androids than it is to letting me use 500mb of data to do my shool work. Try NetZero. $5 a month for 56k dialup - doesn't work wirelessly though. 

Try looking at ATT 'Data Connect Pass'

I purchased the $25 for 500mb and went through all kinds of trouble trying to get it to work. The plan works with new ATT equip (GoPhone), such as the Android or Apple products, but you cannot use it with an older device as a modem.

I never did find out if the data plan for GoPhone was only media net, but I think you can use regular data if you are using one of the fancy new devices.

ATT's website states support for any device bearing ATT branding, however this does not include GoPhone I am told. I get the impression that ATT is more geared toward Facebook Twittering with Iphones Androids than it is to letting me use 500mb of data to do my shool work. Try NetZero. $5 a month for 56k dialup - doesn't work wirelessly though. 

3 of 4 (858 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2011 9:08:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
No. You will need to choose between the specific prepaid GoPhone data packages. I believe the prices are $5, $15, and $25.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

No. You will need to choose between the specific prepaid GoPhone data packages. I believe the prices are $5, $15, and $25.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (837 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments