Prepaid Card issue

Prepaid Card issue

Figured I would make my own thread about it, v just tagging on someone elses issue. I purchased my card yesterday at 3:42pm 11/03/2011. I then went home and tried to enter it around 4pm where as I had recieved a "we are having technical issues at this time, please enter your card on your phone." or something very similar to that. I then proceeded to enter the same card on the mobile care section of my go phone as per the page request, to no avail. The error thrown out was that the card was invalid. I then tried the 800 number on the card, the *888*pin# method, then the methods on the website including the "go phone help line" which was automated with no resolution center. Long story short the card is being said it is invalid on all mediums and my acount is still not +$25.00 I spent on said replacement card.

Other details if you need them:

Store of purchase: Target Santa Rosa

Pin length: 10 digit

PS: If you need any other details let me know. I also had posted to back up another customer on a similar thread found here:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Prepaid/pay-as-you-go-card/td-p/2945667

Short of going into the AT&T store I do not know what to do. Basically Target wont take the card back cause it has been scratched off. Please advise since the nearest store to me is nearly an hour away by car and I do not own a car.

Message 1 of 6 (330 Views)
Professor

Re: Prepaid Card issue

[ Edited ]

Count        PIN Length in Digits     Fill Up Number       City, State                                                                           

2                     10                           1-800-352-4071     1 in Santa Rosa, CA

1                      ??                           ??                          ??

The above shows the count of people having issues with GoPhone refills in November 2011.

WB reported that he was able to do a refill with a card having a 12-digit PIN on October 31.

Message 2 of 6 (321 Views)
Master

That is correct, ilikewireless. It was either Halloween night or the night before. I had no trouble adding $25 to my account. It was the same activation process that I would normally use. I did not get any error messages like the people here have seen trying to do the exact same task.

I wonder what the problem could be...?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 6 (313 Views)
Professor

Yay. Today I get on screen menus for doing refills via the 611 number.
Message 4 of 6 (294 Views)

Yeah the website suggested 611 a few days back, it brings you to mobile care. The same issue with invalid pin. I have to see if I can get a ride to the ATT store now. The lack of customer service on the issues their system is having is really disturbing.

Message 5 of 6 (283 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Cameronmullins wrote:

Yeah the website suggested 611 a few days back, it brings you to mobile care. The same issue with invalid pin. I have to see if I can get a ride to the ATT store now. The lack of customer service on the issues their system is having is really disturbing.

Sorry for your  troubles. I wish AT&T had service for prepaid customers. Have you tried to get to a live person by dialing 1-800-331-0500?

Message 6 of 6 (277 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.