Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 3, 2011
11:26:45 AM
View profile
Prepaid Card alredy used

Bear with me, I'm a tad irritated.  I spent two hours last night trying to change my plan, but the automated machine either didn't understand me, or sent me to another number to add funds.  Today I finally managed to change my plan and got another card to add to the account.  I put the numbers in twice, and got a service timeout  message both times.  So I go 611 too add it and they send me to another number to add it.  they immediately tell me the card has already been used and send me back to the 611 operator, which sent me back to the other operator again only to find out I still don't have the funds added because the card has already b een used..  I'm currently sitting here with the card, receipt, and a handful of my hair from the insanity that is the at&t automated system.  Is there any way I can get this money added to the phone, or a way to get it and the other $30 I already have on it back because I'm really fed up with this whole thing and am seriously considering going to another service carrier.

Bear with me, I'm a tad irritated.  I spent two hours last night trying to change my plan, but the automated machine either didn't understand me, or sent me to another number to add funds.  Today I finally managed to change my plan and got another card to add to the account.  I put the numbers in twice, and got a service timeout  message both times.  So I go 611 too add it and they send me to another number to add it.  they immediately tell me the card has already been used and send me back to the 611 operator, which sent me back to the other operator again only to find out I still don't have the funds added because the card has already b een used..  I'm currently sitting here with the card, receipt, and a handful of my hair from the insanity that is the at&t automated system.  Is there any way I can get this money added to the phone, or a way to get it and the other $30 I already have on it back because I'm really fed up with this whole thing and am seriously considering going to another service carrier.

Prepaid Card alredy used

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2011 8:25:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You've verified via looking at your on-line account that the funds really weren't added to your account? 

If so, the only thing I know to do is to contact customer service (again Smiley Sad ) and have them look at the account history with you.  They should be able to manually force add the funds if that's what is needed.  Depending on where the refill was purchased, I'm afraid you may have a hard time getting a refund from the merchant so you can just start all over - but if you purchased the refill from an at&t store, they may be able to be of more assistance.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

You've verified via looking at your on-line account that the funds really weren't added to your account? 

If so, the only thing I know to do is to contact customer service (again Smiley Sad ) and have them look at the account history with you.  They should be able to manually force add the funds if that's what is needed.  Depending on where the refill was purchased, I'm afraid you may have a hard time getting a refund from the merchant so you can just start all over - but if you purchased the refill from an at&t store, they may be able to be of more assistance.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Prepaid Card alredy used

2 of 6 (181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2011 6:38:21 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the help.  It only took them to three days to find it wherever it was and add it...AFTER I GOT ANOTER PHONE!  Just my luck.  Anyway, I have two phones now with airtime.  Now I have to figure out why the battery croaks after a minute's worth of calls then ten minutes later its back to almost full charge.  I think the contacts are gooped up or not touching like they should. Thanks again.

Thanks for the help.  It only took them to three days to find it wherever it was and add it...AFTER I GOT ANOTER PHONE!  Just my luck.  Anyway, I have two phones now with airtime.  Now I have to figure out why the battery croaks after a minute's worth of calls then ten minutes later its back to almost full charge.  I think the contacts are gooped up or not touching like they should. Thanks again.

3 of 6 (169 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2011 4:15:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

dubl_zro wrote:

You're welcome.   If the phone where the battery doesn't seem to be functioning correctly is less than 30 days old, I would return it to the point of purchase for a refund.  You can use the SIM for that phone in the other phone (although customer service may need to unlock it for you to do so) so that you don't just lose the second set of funds - refills are non-refundable.

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

dubl_zro wrote:

You're welcome.   If the phone where the battery doesn't seem to be functioning correctly is less than 30 days old, I would return it to the point of purchase for a refund.  You can use the SIM for that phone in the other phone (although customer service may need to unlock it for you to do so) so that you don't just lose the second set of funds - refills are non-refundable.

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (155 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2011 4:22:27 PM
(0)
Expert
or you can do a straight exchange for another one within the first 30 days if bought through att directly; but the time frame maybe shorter if bought through a 3rd party store.
or you can do a straight exchange for another one within the first 30 days if bought through att directly; but the time frame maybe shorter if bought through a 3rd party store.

5 of 6 (150 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2011 4:30:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

wilcre wrote:

I think part of the complaint is that the OP ended up with an unnecessary second phone as a result of the problems they experienced adding funds to the first one. Smiley Sad

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

wilcre wrote:

I think part of the complaint is that the OP ended up with an unnecessary second phone as a result of the problems they experienced adding funds to the first one. Smiley Sad

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

6 of 6 (141 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments