Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 7, 2011
8:41:46 AM
Premier Accounts?

Anyone having trouble pre-ordering the iPhone4S through their Premier account?  After I hit upgrade it takes me to the Premier store and the iphone is not one of the phones available!

Any help is appreciated.

Anyone having trouble pre-ordering the iPhone4S through their Premier account?  After I hit upgrade it takes me to the Premier store and the iphone is not one of the phones available!

Any help is appreciated.

Premier Accounts?

19 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(19)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 9:33:48 AM
(0)
Contributor

Our account was the same way, no apple products show up at all.  I had to call the premier business line to put in a ticket to get our account fixed and they were able to place our phone orders at the same time.  You can also contact your rep and they should be able to place your order for you.

Our account was the same way, no apple products show up at all.  I had to call the premier business line to put in a ticket to get our account fixed and they were able to place our phone orders at the same time.  You can also contact your rep and they should be able to place your order for you.

Re: Premier Accounts?

2 of 20 (1,124 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 9:43:18 AM
(0)
Mentor

MissVeronica wrote:

Any help is appreciated.

Try logging into MyATT online, when it shows the upgrade screen skip it and continue to your online account -- look for the "check upgrade eligibility" in MyATT and then see if the 4S shows up

If that doesnt work then just go to www.wireless.att.com and click on "shop all phones" then on the left side click on "pre order" -- select the 4S model that you want and when it asks you to select a plan look on the right side for "existing customers upgrade" to see if that works

If nothing works then you can either try ordering from Apple's website or just call AT&T premier CS

I have an individual plan with premier discount through work -- I ended up ordering from Apple's website earlier today

MissVeronica wrote:

Any help is appreciated.

Try logging into MyATT online, when it shows the upgrade screen skip it and continue to your online account -- look for the "check upgrade eligibility" in MyATT and then see if the 4S shows up

If that doesnt work then just go to www.wireless.att.com and click on "shop all phones" then on the left side click on "pre order" -- select the 4S model that you want and when it asks you to select a plan look on the right side for "existing customers upgrade" to see if that works

If nothing works then you can either try ordering from Apple's website or just call AT&T premier CS

I have an individual plan with premier discount through work -- I ended up ordering from Apple's website earlier today

3 of 20 (1,110 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 10:45:41 AM
(0)
Scholar

It seems as if Apple's ordering process has been much easier for those who have gone that route (me included).  I'm a premier customer as well and the entire process took less than 4 minutes on the Apple Store app.  Good luck.

It seems as if Apple's ordering process has been much easier for those who have gone that route (me included).  I'm a premier customer as well and the entire process took less than 4 minutes on the Apple Store app.  Good luck.

4 of 20 (1,076 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 10:55:17 AM
(0)
Contributor
Jtrue, I also preordered today with the apple store app through apple and it was quick. Did you see your premier account discount come through? Mine showed full price for the voice data and texting.
Jtrue, I also preordered today with the apple store app through apple and it was quick. Did you see your premier account discount come through? Mine showed full price for the voice data and texting.

5 of 20 (1,068 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 10:58:41 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks all, I will call customer care and see what's up!

Thanks all, I will call customer care and see what's up!

6 of 20 (1,063 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 11:15:34 AM
(0)
Mentor

Bandit2941 wrote:

Mine showed the full monthly price when I ordered on Apple's website but it'll be fine -- doubt Apple's system gets FAN discount info from AT&T

Bandit2941 wrote:

Mine showed the full monthly price when I ordered on Apple's website but it'll be fine -- doubt Apple's system gets FAN discount info from AT&T

7 of 20 (1,056 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 12:59:07 PM
(0)
Scholar

I did not see the discount come through to Apple's site, but I'm not worried about that.  I didn't change my plan, just upgraded the phone.

However, I'm starting to get a little paranoid with AT&T reps saying the "Unlimited" data plan is not compatible with AT&T's 4G network.  I selected the "Unlimited" option at the bottom of the screen, so who knows.  I don't ever come anywhere near 2GB, so if I lose the Unlimited...no big deal. 

I did not see the discount come through to Apple's site, but I'm not worried about that.  I didn't change my plan, just upgraded the phone.

However, I'm starting to get a little paranoid with AT&T reps saying the "Unlimited" data plan is not compatible with AT&T's 4G network.  I selected the "Unlimited" option at the bottom of the screen, so who knows.  I don't ever come anywhere near 2GB, so if I lose the Unlimited...no big deal. 

8 of 20 (1,014 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 2:20:29 PM
(0)
Mentor

jtrue28 wrote:

AT&T has two 4G technologies: HSPA+ ("4G") & LTE ("4G LTE")

iP4 supports 7.2 Mbps HSDPA

iP4S supports 14.4 Mbps HSDPA

None of the iPhones built so far support HSPA+ or LTE so they are not 4G phones, just 3G phones. Another thing is that AT&T's HSDPA network speed is slow and wont even max out the 7.2 Mbps limit on the iP4 so having 14.4 Mbps on iP4S is useless (AT&T's data network is overloaded with too many smartphones so they most likely cut down the max speed to keep the network stable) -- the 14.4 Mbps HSDPA will mostly help European and Asian users whose carriers support faster speeds

The iP4S has an improved antenna & faster processor so you'll probably get better signal on it than previous iPhones and it'll seem faster due to that. Now that there will be a lot more iP4 and iP4S users on AT&T's network hopefully AT&T will decide to increase its HSDPA speeds...

jtrue28 wrote:

AT&T has two 4G technologies: HSPA+ ("4G") & LTE ("4G LTE")

iP4 supports 7.2 Mbps HSDPA

iP4S supports 14.4 Mbps HSDPA

None of the iPhones built so far support HSPA+ or LTE so they are not 4G phones, just 3G phones. Another thing is that AT&T's HSDPA network speed is slow and wont even max out the 7.2 Mbps limit on the iP4 so having 14.4 Mbps on iP4S is useless (AT&T's data network is overloaded with too many smartphones so they most likely cut down the max speed to keep the network stable) -- the 14.4 Mbps HSDPA will mostly help European and Asian users whose carriers support faster speeds

The iP4S has an improved antenna & faster processor so you'll probably get better signal on it than previous iPhones and it'll seem faster due to that. Now that there will be a lot more iP4 and iP4S users on AT&T's network hopefully AT&T will decide to increase its HSDPA speeds...

9 of 20 (980 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 2:35:08 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

jtrue28 wrote:

If you had an unlimited data plan with AT&T prior to upgrading, you will definitely be able to keep it when you upgrade. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

jtrue28 wrote:

If you had an unlimited data plan with AT&T prior to upgrading, you will definitely be able to keep it when you upgrade. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

10 of 20 (964 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 4:39:33 AM
(0)
Scholar
Did any of us with premier accounts who ordered through Apple have to pay the $18 upgrade fee? I did not, but had forgotten that is one of the perks and was surprised Apple's site did not charge the fee.
Did any of us with premier accounts who ordered through Apple have to pay the $18 upgrade fee? I did not, but had forgotten that is one of the perks and was surprised Apple's site did not charge the fee.

11 of 20 (485 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 6:18:14 AM
(0)
Guru

I'm not Premier but the $18 fee did not show up on my Apple order. That's not to say AT&T won't apply it to my bill but Apple did not.  Smiley Happy

I'm not Premier but the $18 fee did not show up on my Apple order. That's not to say AT&T won't apply it to my bill but Apple did not.  Smiley Happy

12 of 20 (469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 6:47:07 AM
(0)
Scholar

jtrue28 wrote:

It showed up on the ordering page, but it isn't showing up on the customer service summary (which I stumbled across a link to on AT&T's site and now can't find again ...)

jtrue28 wrote:

It showed up on the ordering page, but it isn't showing up on the customer service summary (which I stumbled across a link to on AT&T's site and now can't find again ...)

13 of 20 (464 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 7:23:32 AM
(0)
Mentor

brainwaver wrote:

I am a Premier customer and the $18 upgrade fee did show up.  My current contract hadn't expired though, but I'm 22 months in, so they are letting me upgrade.  I thought that's why I had to pay the $18.

brainwaver wrote:

I am a Premier customer and the $18 upgrade fee did show up.  My current contract hadn't expired though, but I'm 22 months in, so they are letting me upgrade.  I thought that's why I had to pay the $18.

14 of 20 (454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 7:33:08 AM
(0)
Scholar

moviehelen wrote:

brainwaver wrote:

Upgrade fees normally show up on your bill. At least in the past we've never paid them upfront. I'm not sure why they tried to preauthorize it along with the cost of the phone.

moviehelen wrote:

brainwaver wrote:

Upgrade fees normally show up on your bill. At least in the past we've never paid them upfront. I'm not sure why they tried to preauthorize it along with the cost of the phone.

15 of 20 (450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 9:00:47 AM
(0)
Scholar

This time around I ordered thru the Apple store.  The last 2 "new iPhone" releases left me with problems and no info.  

Last several times ordering thru AT&T Premier I had to call the business folks to remove the $18 fee.  The fee usually is added to your bill when activating, but Premier customers have the fee waived.  I hope by ordering thru Apple that I will be able to remove it from the bill.  Currently 32gb 4S "Preparing for Shipment"  

This time around I ordered thru the Apple store.  The last 2 "new iPhone" releases left me with problems and no info.  

Last several times ordering thru AT&T Premier I had to call the business folks to remove the $18 fee.  The fee usually is added to your bill when activating, but Premier customers have the fee waived.  I hope by ordering thru Apple that I will be able to remove it from the bill.  Currently 32gb 4S "Preparing for Shipment"  

16 of 20 (427 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 9:57:08 AM
(0)
Mentor

The fee will be applied to your monthly bill

Having premier status doesnt automatically mean no activation/upgrade fees, it just depends on what kind of deal your company/school/organization made with AT&T -- mine offers a 17% discount, but doesnt waive activation/upgrade fees so I'll have to fork over the $18

The fee will be applied to your monthly bill

Having premier status doesnt automatically mean no activation/upgrade fees, it just depends on what kind of deal your company/school/organization made with AT&T -- mine offers a 17% discount, but doesnt waive activation/upgrade fees so I'll have to fork over the $18

17 of 20 (414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 10:09:39 AM
(0)
Scholar

dww0311 wrote:

It's in User Information, I believe. You actually get a CSS for each line if you're on Family Talk.

dww0311 wrote:

It's in User Information, I believe. You actually get a CSS for each line if you're on Family Talk.

18 of 20 (411 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 10:15:29 AM
(0)
Scholar

hnzw_rui wrote:

dww0311 wrote:

There it is! Thanks!

Looks like the upgrade fee for our FAN is $0. Yay!

hnzw_rui wrote:

dww0311 wrote:

There it is! Thanks!

Looks like the upgrade fee for our FAN is $0. Yay!

19 of 20 (407 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 4:36:59 PM
(0)
Scholar

I thought they were all similar.  Ours has no upgrade or activation fees, free shipping, and 22% off.  I guess it depends on the company.

I thought they were all similar.  Ours has no upgrade or activation fees, free shipping, and 22% off.  I guess it depends on the company.

20 of 20 (364 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments