Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 10, 2011
9:22:40 AM
View profile
Pre-orders are shipping...
Edited by Nskk on Oct 10, 2011 at 9:42:09 AM

I've been reading the forums and I'm curious if anyone is in the same position as me.

I went to my local AT&T store on Friday at 11am est. to order my phone. The guy there told me that on the computer it said the shipping would take 14-21 days, but that I should really expect it to come on the 14th. I got an order confirmation email around noon on Friday, and there too it said my order would ship in 14-21 days. When I check my order status online it still says that the phone is backordered.

What do you guys/gals think this all adds up to? I feel like I'm going to be stuck waiting a week or two past the 14th.

I've been reading the forums and I'm curious if anyone is in the same position as me.

I went to my local AT&T store on Friday at 11am est. to order my phone. The guy there told me that on the computer it said the shipping would take 14-21 days, but that I should really expect it to come on the 14th. I got an order confirmation email around noon on Friday, and there too it said my order would ship in 14-21 days. When I check my order status online it still says that the phone is backordered.

What do you guys/gals think this all adds up to? I feel like I'm going to be stuck waiting a week or two past the 14th.

Pre-orders are shipping...

[ Edited ]
13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 9:28:34 AM
(0)
Teacher

Out of curiousity what is your order number?

Re: Pre-orders are shipping...

2 of 14 (1,551 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 9:29:31 AM
(0)
Scholar

Nskk wrote:

I went too my local AT&T store on Friday at 11am est. to order my phone. The guy there told me that on the computer it said the shipping would take 14-21 days, but that I should really expect it to come on the 14th. I got an order confirmation email around noon on friday, and there too it said my order would ship in 14-21 days. When I check my order status online it still says that the phone is backordered.

Best guess is 14 to 21 days. If it gets there quicker, nice surprise. You'll know more when you get the tracking number, but you can't do much about it in the meantime. Try to chill out. It'll get there eventually.

Nskk wrote:

I went too my local AT&T store on Friday at 11am est. to order my phone. The guy there told me that on the computer it said the shipping would take 14-21 days, but that I should really expect it to come on the 14th. I got an order confirmation email around noon on friday, and there too it said my order would ship in 14-21 days. When I check my order status online it still says that the phone is backordered.

Best guess is 14 to 21 days. If it gets there quicker, nice surprise. You'll know more when you get the tracking number, but you can't do much about it in the meantime. Try to chill out. It'll get there eventually.

3 of 14 (1,548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 9:36:52 AM
(0)
Professor
I think if the preorder went it at 11am, you'll get it on Friday. People just need to give it more time and wait until Wednesday when tracking numbers go out. Why obsess about it right now? Can't do anything about it. It will come when it comes.
I think if the preorder went it at 11am, you'll get it on Friday. People just need to give it more time and wait until Wednesday when tracking numbers go out. Why obsess about it right now? Can't do anything about it. It will come when it comes.

4 of 14 (1,527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 9:47:32 AM
(0)
Professor

webenlight wrote:

What possible reason would you have for asking for that information?

webenlight wrote:

5 of 14 (1,500 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 9:50:00 AM
(0)
Scholar

I saw a thread that suggested going to UPS and track by reference number. I didn't need this but apparently you enter your phone number, etc., and you can see if yours is on its way.

I saw a thread that suggested going to UPS and track by reference number. I didn't need this but apparently you enter your phone number, etc., and you can see if yours is on its way.

6 of 14 (1,492 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 10:43:36 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by pamelaz on Oct 10, 2011 at 4:39:51 PM

Max69 wrote:

webenlight wrote:

What possible reason would you be concerned about someone else's order number? It's not like I can use that to hijack the shipment and take the phone. {Please keep it courteous}

Max69 wrote:

webenlight wrote:

What possible reason would you be concerned about someone else's order number? It's not like I can use that to hijack the shipment and take the phone. {Please keep it courteous}

[ Edited ]
7 of 14 (1,406 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 11:06:47 AM
(0)
Scholar

I thought AT&T/Apple use FedEx....

BTW, are these phones shipping from China, or some secret warehouse in the USA?

I just got an email from AT&T saying "Thank you for choosing AT&T and iPhone".  Since I ordered from Apple, this must mean that a SIM card has been associated with my phone/installed...shipment notification should be coming today!!!

I just got an email from AT&T saying "Thank you for choosing AT&T and iPhone".  Since I ordered from Apple, this must mean that a SIM card has been associated with my phone/installed...shipment notification should be coming today!!!

8 of 14 (1,361 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 11:08:32 AM
(0)
Mentor
I preordered my 4S Friday around 7am from Apple and I just received an email that my Iphone 4S has shipped and received a tracking number from UPS. The tracking page says it is in Hong Kong w/anticipated delivery of October 14 by the end of the day. Wouldn't be surprise if it is a day before lilke the IP4.
I preordered my 4S Friday around 7am from Apple and I just received an email that my Iphone 4S has shipped and received a tracking number from UPS. The tracking page says it is in Hong Kong w/anticipated delivery of October 14 by the end of the day. Wouldn't be surprise if it is a day before lilke the IP4.

9 of 14 (1,355 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 11:09:42 AM
(0)
Scholar

jtrue28 wrote:

For folks that ordered through Apple, their devices usually ship directly from China. Some folks are already seeing ship notifications from there.

For folks that ordered through AT&T, the carrier does have an initial allotment of phones in stock. Early orders get allocated to that stock, and when it is depleted, subsequent orders usually get direct shipped from Foxconn AFAIK.

jtrue28 wrote:

For folks that ordered through Apple, their devices usually ship directly from China. Some folks are already seeing ship notifications from there.

For folks that ordered through AT&T, the carrier does have an initial allotment of phones in stock. Early orders get allocated to that stock, and when it is depleted, subsequent orders usually get direct shipped from Foxconn AFAIK.

10 of 14 (1,346 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 11:09:55 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by pamelaz on Oct 10, 2011 at 4:40:18 PM

webenlight wrote:

Max69 wrote:

webenlight wrote:

And you have no valid reason to ask for that information.

webenlight wrote:

Max69 wrote:

webenlight wrote:

And you have no valid reason to ask for that information.

[ Edited ]
11 of 14 (935 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 1:20:55 PM
(0)
Teacher
I actually have a very good reason asking for it. I'd like to compare it to mine. This way I can see if certain batches are being shipped. An order number is not credit card number. Hopefully your order number isn't more than 3 digits.
I actually have a very good reason asking for it. I'd like to compare it to mine. This way I can see if certain batches are being shipped. An order number is not credit card number. Hopefully your order number isn't more than 3 digits.

12 of 14 (821 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 4:42:44 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hi users,

Order numbers are considered personal information and are not allowed to be shared on this community publicly.

You can review the guidelines here

Thanks,
pamelaz

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hi users,

Order numbers are considered personal information and are not allowed to be shared on this community publicly.

You can review the guidelines here

Thanks,
pamelaz

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

14 of 14 (575 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 1:50:25 PM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by pamelaz on Oct 10, 2011 at 4:46:36 PM

Webenlight -

{Personal content removed for safety}

All this and I am just a stay-at-home mom with Google. I can't read HTML or put up a web page. Imagine what could happen to your order if I knew more and had malicious intentions.

It is never safe to give out order numbers or other personal info.

Webenlight -

{Personal content removed for safety}

All this and I am just a stay-at-home mom with Google. I can't read HTML or put up a web page. Imagine what could happen to your order if I knew more and had malicious intentions.

It is never safe to give out order numbers or other personal info.

[ Edited ]
13 of 14 (758 Views)