Pre-Paid Go-Phone Text charges.

Contributor

Pre-Paid Go-Phone Text charges.

I tried to send this to AT&T via email, but there isn't a general complaint option.
I chose the pre-paid cards contact area to send my email. However, even though there was apparently characters left, it refused to post the email. So I'll ask here.
We were told by 2 on-line agents that $5 texting (200 texts) was available for pre-paid phones, and also told by another that was only available for contract plans (just before I was about to place an order potentially costing me $45 a month more than I thought!). 
Which is correct? Or rather, where on the site clarifies this? 
Here's the pre-paid go-phone phone page. 
Click on 'Learn More', add to cart, then add plan at which point you can see a Simple Rate Plan. There's this text;
Unlimited − $19.99/month† (optional)
So what did the 'optional' mean? That I didn't have to have unlimited texting? Maybe that I could select another text plan, but how? When I got to check out there was no way to specify a texting option. Hence the on-line chats.
Here's one of the chats my wife had;
You are now chatting with Cynthia Z., an AT&T sales representative.
Cynthia Z.: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support.  How may I assist you with placing your order today?
amy: can you tell me, do you offer $5 texting (200 Messages) on the prepaid go phones
Cynthia Z.: I would be happy to help you with that today. Yes, we have our Messaging 200 for $4.99 with pre-paid plans available.
amy: when you select the simple rate plan how do you select the 4.99 text plan
Cynthia Z.: You can add a text plan through customer care once you activate thee phone.

Message 1 of 2

Re: Pre-Paid Go-Phone Text charges.

All the available GoPhone plans and text/data features are described here (you may need to enter a zip code to get through).  The feature packages are at the very bottom of the page.

This is what it shows for messaging:

200 messages $4.99/mo

1000 messages $9.99/mo

Unlimited $19.99/mo

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support