Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 13, 2011
6:58:07 PM
Potential Violation of Law - Corona, California - Experience in Store Today

Dear AT&T (or anyone on this forum who will listen),
I am attempting to find contact information for a district or regional level manager who would be directly responsible for the following retail store:
Store S879
2690 Tuscan St., Ste. 102
Corona, CA 92881

I had an experience in this store today in which an associate actually tried to manipulate my approval to a contract by reaching over the counter and "accepting" without any such authorization by me. When questioned, it was quite an ordeal to have him go back and print out what he just breezed through without every asking me.

Further, he made a false claim of a price point that only after seeing this contract in writing I discovered.

I know that I can write a hard copy letter to the physical corporate office and executive leadership, but I am seeking a more local response and will not be silent on this matter until it is resolved. Please put me in touch with the correct regional management for this location. I do NOT want the store management as I observed the assistant manager and other leaders present during this transaction.

Further, I tried to find an email through this site. I tried to follow the various prompts to generate a complaint, it is near impossible. Please help.

Tyler H.

Dear AT&T (or anyone on this forum who will listen),
I am attempting to find contact information for a district or regional level manager who would be directly responsible for the following retail store:
Store S879
2690 Tuscan St., Ste. 102
Corona, CA 92881

I had an experience in this store today in which an associate actually tried to manipulate my approval to a contract by reaching over the counter and "accepting" without any such authorization by me. When questioned, it was quite an ordeal to have him go back and print out what he just breezed through without every asking me.

Further, he made a false claim of a price point that only after seeing this contract in writing I discovered.

I know that I can write a hard copy letter to the physical corporate office and executive leadership, but I am seeking a more local response and will not be silent on this matter until it is resolved. Please put me in touch with the correct regional management for this location. I do NOT want the store management as I observed the assistant manager and other leaders present during this transaction.

Further, I tried to find an email through this site. I tried to follow the various prompts to generate a complaint, it is near impossible. Please help.

Tyler H.

Potential Violation of Law - Corona, California - Experience in Store Today

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2011 9:00:06 AM
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi (forum user) posted a link that would get you to the exec offices of Att Mobility.  Maybe he will read this post and direct you to that link or you can scan for his response (i know one were in a GoPhone discussion).

Do you have the name of the associate readily available for follow up? Yep this sound like total fraud (whereas some think not). What even posessed this associate to do such a thing?

Wild Banchi (forum user) posted a link that would get you to the exec offices of Att Mobility.  Maybe he will read this post and direct you to that link or you can scan for his response (i know one were in a GoPhone discussion).

Do you have the name of the associate readily available for follow up? Yep this sound like total fraud (whereas some think not). What even posessed this associate to do such a thing?

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

Re: Potential Violation of Law - Corona, California - Experience in Store Today

2 of 12 (594 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2011 9:21:38 AM
(0)
Contributor

RicoLX,
Thanks for the quick response (and support). I was unsure what would cause someone to think this was okay....

Yes, have the associate name and information. Didn't want to post on here with the world to see, as I do want to give AT&T ability to respond and handle and didn't feel it appropriate.

Thanks again, I will look for that thread.

RicoLX,
Thanks for the quick response (and support). I was unsure what would cause someone to think this was okay....

Yes, have the associate name and information. Didn't want to post on here with the world to see, as I do want to give AT&T ability to respond and handle and didn't feel it appropriate.

Thanks again, I will look for that thread.

3 of 12 (591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2011 9:53:34 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Aug 14, 2011 at 9:57:26 AM

Hey no, i dont mean to post any info here, but have it readily available when you correspond with ATT exec offices of vp,  I found the link to the string discussion. Look at message #1 from Wild Banchi (send him a thank u note if his suggestion helps).

I know the link in message #1 was current at the time.  It should take you to an online form to fill out that gets sent diretly to ATT exec offices and overrides CSR step.  You should hear from someone from the office of VP (ATT Mobility). I am not sure what level of help they provide when it comes to your  issue but they should be able to direct you or give you some suggestions.   Keep us posted on what happens.

http://forums.att.com/t5/General-Care-and-Support/AT-amp-T-E-mail-Address-for-Customers-Who-Wish-to-...

Hey no, i dont mean to post any info here, but have it readily available when you correspond with ATT exec offices of vp,  I found the link to the string discussion. Look at message #1 from Wild Banchi (send him a thank u note if his suggestion helps).

I know the link in message #1 was current at the time.  It should take you to an online form to fill out that gets sent diretly to ATT exec offices and overrides CSR step.  You should hear from someone from the office of VP (ATT Mobility). I am not sure what level of help they provide when it comes to your  issue but they should be able to direct you or give you some suggestions.   Keep us posted on what happens.

http://forums.att.com/t5/General-Care-and-Support/AT-amp-T-E-mail-Address-for-Customers-Who-Wish-to-Contact/m-p/2674851/highlight/true#M172252

[ Edited ]
4 of 12 (585 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2011 10:14:01 AM
(0)
Former Employee
Edited by drumn_bass on Aug 14, 2011 at 10:15:29 AM

I have a question, OP, so were you buying a new phone, did you actually upgrade and buy a phone with discount? What was the transaction, are you saying you didn't agree to a 2 year contract and your transaction didn't require one, but a store rep signed one for you anyway? I'm just trying to understand the situation better.

I have a question, OP, so were you buying a new phone, did you actually upgrade and buy a phone with discount? What was the transaction, are you saying you didn't agree to a 2 year contract and your transaction didn't require one, but a store rep signed one for you anyway? I'm just trying to understand the situation better.

[ Edited ]
5 of 12 (580 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2011 10:26:00 AM
(0)
Professor
i was hoping he would elaborate on that a little more as well. It sounded like the OP was visiting a store and , without confirming his/her credentials or credit, the assosiate "pushed" the approval through anyway. overriding any verifiying steps.
i was hoping he would elaborate on that a little more as well. It sounded like the OP was visiting a store and , without confirming his/her credentials or credit, the assosiate "pushed" the approval through anyway. overriding any verifiying steps.

6 of 12 (577 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2011 11:19:11 AM
(0)
Contributor

Great questions...

It was an upgrade (contingent upon signing a new 2 year contract). When it came time to go through the contract, that was the point the associate reached over the counter and actually clicked through it. I immediately told him to stop and at that point demanded to see what he was doing.

The associate was unable to go back and that is when he had to then go to another station, print out a hard copy of the contract and I was allowed to review the document. At no point did I actually sign (either electronically or in writing) a contract. This is the part that scares me.

Hope that clarifies.

Great questions...

It was an upgrade (contingent upon signing a new 2 year contract). When it came time to go through the contract, that was the point the associate reached over the counter and actually clicked through it. I immediately told him to stop and at that point demanded to see what he was doing.

The associate was unable to go back and that is when he had to then go to another station, print out a hard copy of the contract and I was allowed to review the document. At no point did I actually sign (either electronically or in writing) a contract. This is the part that scares me.

Hope that clarifies.

7 of 12 (572 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2011 5:12:55 PM
(0)
Expert
you have all the info you need, custômer care has a form that they can file for you that goes directly to attm`s head office and is acted on within 24 hours but i have seen it happen within 2 hours` they will also get your contact info.
you have all the info you need, custômer care has a form that they can file for you that goes directly to attm`s head office and is acted on within 24 hours but i have seen it happen within 2 hours` they will also get your contact info.

8 of 12 (560 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2011 6:02:30 PM
(0)
Professor
Definitely fill out the form at that link. Like wilcre says. You will get some measure of results in taking that first step.
Definitely fill out the form at that link. Like wilcre says. You will get some measure of results in taking that first step.

9 of 12 (555 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2011 8:55:18 PM
(0)
Master
Sounds like a cheat-deal to me. Hopefully you will be able to turn the guy in for his wrongdoing, and misrepresenting AT&T in a negative way as a whole.

Rico, I hope it wasn't too difficult to find that link. An easy way for me to re-find it again without digging through numerous pages back is to type in the Google search bar, "AT&T E-mail Address For Customers Who Wish To Contact AT&T". I can probably remember it easier as I am the one who created the thread and therefore have memorized it, but just making it easier on you if it was harder than you had anticipated. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Sounds like a cheat-deal to me. Hopefully you will be able to turn the guy in for his wrongdoing, and misrepresenting AT&T in a negative way as a whole.

Rico, I hope it wasn't too difficult to find that link. An easy way for me to re-find it again without digging through numerous pages back is to type in the Google search bar, "AT&T E-mail Address For Customers Who Wish To Contact AT&T". I can probably remember it easier as I am the one who created the thread and therefore have memorized it, but just making it easier on you if it was harder than you had anticipated. Smiley Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

10 of 12 (543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 5:56:30 AM
(0)
Professor
WB, thats a good idea! I will have to do that next time. I searched (get this...GoPhone) because I remember there was a question a user had about his services and that form helped him get results. I also included "email form" along with the search; still had to dig deep until I found your link,so I think googling it will make it much easier next time Smiley Very Happy
WB, thats a good idea! I will have to do that next time. I searched (get this...GoPhone) because I remember there was a question a user had about his services and that form helped him get results. I also included "email form" along with the search; still had to dig deep until I found your link,so I think googling it will make it much easier next time Smiley Very Happy

11 of 12 (420 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 8:24:01 AM
(0)
Master
What would we do without Google? Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy