Possible to block people from texting you?

Contributor

Possible to block people from texting you?

Greetings,

I'm a Samsung Solstice user, (the old Solstice). My question is: I'm on a budget so I'm on the 1,000 text plan. When I block someone from calling me, does that also block them from texting me as well? Is it possible to block someone from texting you?

Message 1 of 2 (3,049 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Possible to block people from texting you?

buttaflyjoy wrote:

Greetings,

I'm a Samsung Solstice user, (the old Solstice). My question is: I'm on a budget so I'm on the 1,000 text plan. When I block someone from calling me, does that also block them from texting me as well? Is it possible to block someone from texting you?

From a fellow Solstice user:

Nope. What I do is have all those I want to respond to in my phone book. That way, when I get a text message, I can see who it's from so I know if I want to answer it or not. Since I have a teenage daughter, I opted for the unlimited text plan which has saved me TONS of $$$$.

However, back to your issue. Use the phone book idea so you don't open unwanted text message and wind up over your plan. You can delete them at the end of the day without getting charged for them since you won't open them. If you open them, that's when you get charged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 2 of 2 (3,014 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.