Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 17, 2010
6:05:12 PM
View profile
Possible to Order from Premier Store?

I'm a little late to the game here due to monetary restraints, and I'm already aware that I won't get a iPhone 4 by the release date, which I'm totally ok with, but I'm trying to get my phones (1 iPhone 4 for me, and a 8GB 3GS for my wife) ordered so that I get them whenever available.

However, trying to go to the Premier Store to order them just shows the phones as "Out of Stock" -  does anyone know what that truly means here since we're talking about pre-orders?  How can you be out of stock on something you don't know your full inventory on yet?  Do I need to wait until release day to get my order in now, or is there some other way?  Anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

I'm a little late to the game here due to monetary restraints, and I'm already aware that I won't get a iPhone 4 by the release date, which I'm totally ok with, but I'm trying to get my phones (1 iPhone 4 for me, and a 8GB 3GS for my wife) ordered so that I get them whenever available.

However, trying to go to the Premier Store to order them just shows the phones as "Out of Stock" -  does anyone know what that truly means here since we're talking about pre-orders?  How can you be out of stock on something you don't know your full inventory on yet?  Do I need to wait until release day to get my order in now, or is there some other way?  Anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

Possible to Order from Premier Store?

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 6:07:38 PM
(0)
Mentor

Go to Apple's website. Both can be ordered. The 3GS will ship June 24th and the 4 won't ship till July 14th.

AT&T has suspended orders for now

Go to Apple's website. Both can be ordered. The 3GS will ship June 24th and the 4 won't ship till July 14th.

AT&T has suspended orders for now

Re: Possible to Order from Premier Store?

2 of 9 (1,218 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 6:13:22 PM
(0)
Teacher

Unfortunately that's not an option (as far as I know) as I'm trying to order under my company's premier account for the discount on my monthly bill - unless of course there's some way to do that through Apple's store, which I am not aware of at present.  Anyone know if there's a trick to this?

Unfortunately that's not an option (as far as I know) as I'm trying to order under my company's premier account for the discount on my monthly bill - unless of course there's some way to do that through Apple's store, which I am not aware of at present.  Anyone know if there's a trick to this?

3 of 9 (1,200 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 6:28:04 PM
(0)
Mentor

cuso26 wrote:

Are you talking about the service discount?  I don't think where you order from is relevant for service discounts, only for purchase discounts from Premiere.

cuso26 wrote:

Are you talking about the service discount?  I don't think where you order from is relevant for service discounts, only for purchase discounts from Premiere.

4 of 9 (1,178 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 6:28:42 PM
(0)
Professor

As noted, AT&T has suspended preorders.  It says out of stock on the Premier page to prevent you from being able to order it.  Unfortunately, there is no trick.  You won't be able to get it online from the Premier or AT&T website until they decide to allow ordering again.

As noted, AT&T has suspended preorders.  It says out of stock on the Premier page to prevent you from being able to order it.  Unfortunately, there is no trick.  You won't be able to get it online from the Premier or AT&T website until they decide to allow ordering again.

5 of 9 (1,174 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 6:37:32 PM
(0)
Teacher

So I can order from Apple's store and when the service is all setup, retroactively apply for the service discount through AT&T's site?  Looks like there's a link here for "Discount Registration", so...

So I can order from Apple's store and when the service is all setup, retroactively apply for the service discount through AT&T's site?  Looks like there's a link here for "Discount Registration", so...

6 of 9 (1,151 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 6:39:37 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by babycakes90 on Jun 17, 2010 at 6:40:54 PM

you can order from the regular website or apple website and set up your account there. as far as i know you wont receive any discounts on phones anyways, just your monthly plan. After you have your account set up, I beleive you can register for the premier account and youll then recieve the discounts. If not, im sure you can set it up as normal, and then call at&t and theyll fix the discounts for you.

**oops looks like you figured it out before my reply =)

you can order from the regular website or apple website and set up your account there. as far as i know you wont receive any discounts on phones anyways, just your monthly plan. After you have your account set up, I beleive you can register for the premier account and youll then recieve the discounts. If not, im sure you can set it up as normal, and then call at&t and theyll fix the discounts for you.

**oops looks like you figured it out before my reply =)

[ Edited ]
7 of 9 (1,147 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 9:00:49 PM
(0)
Teacher

Yeah, looks like the backup plan isn't available either:

"Currently, there are no reservations available for iPhone. You may visit an Apple Store starting on June 24 to add a line and pick up an iPhone on a first-come, first-served basis."

Screwed either way.

Yeah, looks like the backup plan isn't available either:

"Currently, there are no reservations available for iPhone. You may visit an Apple Store starting on June 24 to add a line and pick up an iPhone on a first-come, first-served basis."

Screwed either way.

8 of 9 (1,078 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2010 6:47:38 AM
(0)
Teacher

Does anyone know if there's a problem with ordering the phone with a family plan?  It keeps wanting me to make a reservation at an Apple store right after it checks for eligibility on Apple's store.  Nothing to indicate a failure on their side either, just "hey, you should go to an Apple store to complete your order, even though the order you placed really never went through at all".

This is infuriatingly frustrating.

Does anyone know if there's a problem with ordering the phone with a family plan?  It keeps wanting me to make a reservation at an Apple store right after it checks for eligibility on Apple's store.  Nothing to indicate a failure on their side either, just "hey, you should go to an Apple store to complete your order, even though the order you placed really never went through at all".

This is infuriatingly frustrating.

9 of 9 (985 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments